Xantia V6 sump gasket
-
Stempy
- Posts: 1626
- Joined: 26 Feb 2004, 23:21
Xantia V6 sump gasket
Is there such a thing? Can't find mention of one on the Citroen Service site.
It infuriates me to be wrong when I know I'm right
Lexia ponce
http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
Lexia ponce
http://perception.dyndns.biz/~avengineering/index.htm
-
DHallworth
- (Donor 2025)
- Posts: 2436
- Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 17:05
- x 167
I don't believe there is for any of them.
From what I can see on the 3 sumps I've resealed (1 Xantia, 1 XM and 1 306) they all just use a silicon style sealant around the mating face of the sump.
I used a blue oil proof sealant when I did the last one, I can't remember what it was called though.
David.
From what I can see on the 3 sumps I've resealed (1 Xantia, 1 XM and 1 306) they all just use a silicon style sealant around the mating face of the sump.
I used a blue oil proof sealant when I did the last one, I can't remember what it was called though.
David.
'98 Xantia Activa V6 
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'15 C4 BlueHDi Feel
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'15 C4 BlueHDi Feel
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55073
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8391
-
DickieG
- Monaco's youngest playboy
- Posts: 4878
- Joined: 25 Nov 2006, 09:15
- x 38
As Jim states Citroën use Loctite 5910, I replaced the sump seal on my V6 in December and mentioned it in my blog
25 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
23 BMW iX3 M Sport Pro
23 Jeep Avenger
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
23 BMW iX3 M Sport Pro
23 Jeep Avenger
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH