Citroen C3 Pluriel

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

James.Finnegan

Citroen C3 Pluriel

Post by James.Finnegan »

Morning,

I have a loud knocking noise from the rear end of my MRS's C3. I got it up on a ramp and found out what them problem is... but I dont know where to get the replacement part from as Citroen UK cannot get one for me. The part I'm after is on bolted to the rear subframe, kind of like a large cylinder, say a good 200mm long or more in length and rough diamater of about 150m. There are 2 of these bolted to the subframe, just inside the rear wheels.

The problem lies with the O/S one as the rubber inside seems to have worn away and every time the car goes over a bump it makes a really loud knocking noise, like if you hit metal skip with a metal hammer!

Has anyone come across this issue before? and can anyone point me in the right direction of where to locate a new one?

P.S if anyone has any issues with Exhausts, Cats, DPF's or Turbos I can help with any issues you may have...or any questions you may want to ask.

:D
Regards,
James
Trainman
(Donor 2018)
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
2017 1.6HDi Berlingo Van - the works van

Post by Trainman »

Morning James,

To be honest, there aren't many people with C3 let alone Pluriels on here, a couple of pics could be useful. :wink:
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
James.Finnegan

Post by James.Finnegan »

Hi Steve,

Yea I will take a few over the weekend and post on here.

Thank you.
Regards,
James
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Can't post a pic at the mo, but they are clearly visible on the parts site. Try another dealer? They are not listed as NFP, so should be gettable - might have to come from France and take a few days..... I'd have thought that if they were prone to wear, then they'd be a 'common' replacement. You might be able to get one from a breakers, but might not be any better than the one you've got!

Part Number Description Quantity Price excl. VAT Price incl. VAT Total incl. VAT
00007252CV BALANCE WEIGHT 127.03 GBP 149.26 GBP 149.26 GBP

00007251EY BALANCE WEIGHT 125.77 GBP 147.78 GBP 147.78 GBP

7252CV is O/S and 7251EY is NS
Richard W
James.Finnegan

Post by James.Finnegan »

Hi Richard,

Thats great, thank you. I dont really want to pay that sort of money as money is really tight at the mo as im sure it is for everyone. So will have to have a look round at breakers.

Thanks for your help.
Regards,
James
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

I know the parts you mean (each side is a different size ?) & i don't know exactly what they are supposed to do.
I cant think that you would notice any difference if you just ripped the metal outer part off ?? i know what i would be doing if it was me. Either that or try filling it with silicone sealant.