Xsara Luggage Compartment Light - Failure

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

phil.s

Xsara Luggage Compartment Light - Failure

Post by phil.s »

....checked the bulb and it's Ok. There's no power getting to it. Do you know where the switch is? It's a 2001 multiplex Hdi. Thanks in advance.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

If you cannot see any switch (assuming its not clever and done of the latch) , do not overlook something like a reed switch (tilt switch) fitted inside the tailgate.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
phil.s

Post by phil.s »

That's a good suggestion. Might have a look inside this arvo. Many thanks.
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

spider wrote:If you cannot see any switch (assuming its not clever and done of the latch) , do not overlook something like a reed switch (tilt switch) fitted inside the tailgate.
If it has a switch like an Xantia, it will be fluid inside a small white plastic device fitted in the tailgate, this fluid moves into the correct position when the tailgate is open to complete the circuit.

I found this had stopped working on my Activa, and replaced it.

Note it has to be fitted in the correct position for the fluid to work, and conduct.

So when the car is older, and the tailgate has been opened, and closed many times over many years, then sometimes it will move, and then not function.
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
phil.s

Post by phil.s »

I've taken the lower trim off to no avail. Mr Haynes describes removing the upper plastic trim, which incidentally covers the wiper motor, and it involves breaking plastic fixings which will need to be replaced. I've decided that a dark boot isn't the end of the world.