immobiliser problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sijrayner
My Cars:

immobiliser problem

Post by sijrayner »

i think i have a problem with the immobiliser in my C5 2.2 HDi. most of the time the car starts fine but recently it has decided to play up a bit. seemingly for no reason it will just turn over but there will be no sign of it actually starting. the first time this happened a warning came up saying something about immobiliser fault. i got out locked the door then unlocked it and it started first time. since then it has got a bit worse and is occuring more often, now i have to disconnect the battery and leave it for a while then reconnect the battery and start again. this has started happening since i tried to clear the service warning light by holding the odometer button for 15 secs whilst holding key in 1st position, this was supposed to be the way to get rid of the service warning light.
any ideas how to reset the whole jobbie pls ?
why oh why did i buy a C5.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

If you have a spare key try using that for a while & see if it makes any difference.
sijrayner
My Cars:

Post by sijrayner »

finally sorted out this issue, i was put in touch with a guy called pete who is an ex citroen engineer. top man he is, he had a look at car and immediately suggested it would be a burnt out connection on the ecu. it was, but even after he fixed it, by cutting out 2 inches of wire and fitting a new connector, (a five minute job) the car starts perfectly, he cleared all the fault messages (using a proxia, which he said is far better than lexia) and sorted some other bits out. charged me very little, (i had previously paid an indie garage £75 just to be hooked up to a lexia with nothing done) cannot recommend him enough.
citroenesque
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by citroenesque »

Well I think you can recommend him higher:- name and contact details please :lol: (PM don't post phone numbers)
1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Diesel hatch, white, 92k
*SOLD* 1998 Citroen Xantia Ser.1 Turbo Diesel manual, Desire Limited Edition hatch, Mauritius Blue, 118k
2003 Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE Tourer auto, BRG, 135k
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

sijrayner wrote:he cleared all the fault messages (using a proxia, which he said is far better than lexia) .
Both of them do exactly the same things. In my opinion though Lexia is far more user freindly & much faster at certain things like downloading ECU's.
sijrayner
My Cars:

Post by sijrayner »

citroenesque wrote:Well I think you can recommend him higher:- name and contact details please :lol: (PM don't post phone numbers)
will pm details, he talks a bit but has 30 odd years experience on citroens, still drives a xantia himself. and knows all the problems.
also he is local to us Essex 'boys'
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Post by Paul-R »

wheeler wrote:In my opinion though Lexia is far more user freindly
And I think that the Lexia is just plain awful. I'd hate to use the Proxia then!!! :shock:
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

sijrayner wrote:
citroenesque wrote:Well I think you can recommend him higher:- name and contact details please :lol: (PM don't post phone numbers)
will pm details, he talks a bit but has 30 odd years experience on Citroëns, still drives a Xantia himself. and knows all the problems.
also he is local to us Essex 'boys'
Put his contact details in the Recommended Garages & Services forum.