Berlingo 2.0 HDi electrical fault – Where to start checking?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Uncle Stinky
My Cars:

Berlingo 2.0 HDi electrical fault – Where to start checking?

Post by Uncle Stinky »

Wife out in Blingo this morning. She indicated right, the intermittent wiper came on; airbag warning came on; headlight warning on (not sure about headlights); indicators did not respond from then on.
She stopped at a convenient place and switched off (!!) Car would not restart (it turned over). After a few minutes she tried again and car started, with everything working as normal.
Car has now done about nine miles ok.
I have started and stopped engine a few times and fiddled with all the indicators but cannot replicate the fault.

Taking it to a dealer while it is working ok is problematic, but I would like the confidence that it is ok for a longish trip next week.

Has anyone any suggestions for simple things I could check? (Nothing too fiddly as my eyesight not so good recently.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Get Faryl to sing to it - cure for just about anything :wink:

Seriously though, it could be next to impossible to determine without reading the stored fault codes with a Lexia.

The problem may have just been a glitch and will never repeat, hopefully.
pk7478
My Cars:

Post by pk7478 »

It's a problem somewhere inside BSI or CAN-connections. How old is car?
Uncle Stinky
My Cars:

Post by Uncle Stinky »

Thanks for replies

Car is 2003 model.

I didn’t realise that fault codes were stored. It‘s obviously more sophisticated than I thought. I must make an effort to find out more about the car I own (but unfortunately can no longer drive).

I’ve never really recovered from having to get rid of my BX19 from the front garden so it would be tidy for the daughter’s wedding. If I had known how long the marriage would last I would have put up stronger resistance!

I think I will see how it goes for the next couple of days (maybe take it round Faryl’s) and if it recurs it looks as if it will have to go to the dealers.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

There is a Citroen rally over in Little Horwood on the 4th & 5th of September, if you can get over there there will almost certainly be someone there with a Lexia who can retrieve the stored codes and even run a diagnostic if you ask them nicely.

Hoping to get mine done too :wink: :wink: