Trivial and frivolous keyfob issue

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Penguin
My Cars:

Trivial and frivolous keyfob issue

Post by Penguin »

A couple of days ago as I was happily flicking my key in and out (as I have a won't to do) it suddenly stopped wanting to go back in. I managed to force it back in and then it was reluctant to come back out again. I managed to get it out but it is completely unusable as a flick-key any more, so it is very uncomfortable in the pocket. I can get it in and out but it is remarkably difficult. I have solved the problem by nicking my wife's key as she has far more room in her handbag than I have in my pocket, but I just wondered whether I was unique or if anyone lese had come across this issue?
95 Xantia 1.9td SX
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Happened to one of mine - you've broken the spring clip that keeps it in the in or out postion, and the broken bit is now wedged under the key blade pivot. I think I maned to work it out with a small screwdriver or something but that left the key a bit floppy. You used to be able to buy a fixing kit for the key blade for a few quid consisting of a new rivet and spring clip - drill the old rivet out and change it over.

Edit still apparently available:

Part Number Description Quantity Price excl. VAT Price incl. VAT Total incl. VAT Selection
00009926Q4 FIXING SET 1.72 GBP 2.02 GBP 2.02 GBP

A Bargain then!
Richard W
Penguin
My Cars:

Post by Penguin »

Cheers Richard.
95 Xantia 1.9td SX