CV Joint Gaiter replaced by a friend and re-greased! :)

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Xantia2.0
My Cars:

CV Joint Gaiter replaced by a friend and re-greased! :)

Post by Xantia2.0 »

Well my friend replaced the gaiter for the N/S CV Joint today and put some new grease on it too. He thinks it was caught in the bud and shouldn't go bad now, but I will know within 50-70 miles if there is any rust internally, as it will start to grind/squeal when driving.

The sun is shining, so I've gave her a good Valet; polished and waxed the exterior body (that silver paint is shining), vacuumed the interior, and de-greased the engine bay! I also gave the alloys a good clean and polish!

And at the moment there are only two problems with the Xantia:

O/S Wheel bearing has dried up (rumbling)
O/S Brake lamp blown (centre and N/S lamps are still operating so that's no biggie)

Oh and the brakes are a bit dirty. I could take the wheel off and clean the disk... Or I could give it a good thrash and burn off any dirt! :D Guess what one I'll go for ? :lol:

For once the Citroén is working super reliably! Good really, as the Focus has a rip in the air hose and I'm still waiting for the part to arrive!
1998 Citroen Xantia 2.0 16V I4 with 148,200 miles on the clock. Bought it with 123,000.
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

Seriously did this need a new thread? If you want to keep us updated as to the life and times of your car then please use the blog section, if you've had an issue and have an update on it, then use the first thread on that issue.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool