another central locking question SORRY !!!!!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MCA
My Cars:

another central locking question SORRY !!!!!!

Post by MCA »

I have an 02 xsara and as the title suggests its the c/l that's causing the problems, I have read what i think are all the posts regarding this, however I've went through all the suggested problems, finding a few sheared wires these I've repaired to no avail.
I am now at my wits end with it I've checked the actuators in the doors and these are moving freely, the only thing I can now put it down to the boot lock I removed the lock/catch and put it in the closed position and operated the c/l and nothing at all happened not a sound not a whimper,
So basically what I'm asking is could the actuator on the boot be to blame causing the c/l to bounce when operated, Not having had a Citroen before I'm also unsure if I should be able to open the boot when the engine is running? all other cars I've had with c/l I have been able to do this
wotwot
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 1982 GSA 1299
1984 bx 1600
zx 5 door x 2
xantia estate
dispatch
xara picasso
807 SE

Post by wotwot »

Hi dont know why you have'nt had a reply but after you said quote "the only thing I can now put it down to the boot lock I removed the lock/catch and put it in the closed position and operated the c/l and nothing at all happened not a sound not a whimper".
I guess if its in the locked position it wont open with the car running.
my xantia pops back open if one of the doors is not closed properly and my old zx used to do the same.