Central Locking Remote Controls -UK versus Australian Models

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ken w
My Cars:

Central Locking Remote Controls -UK versus Australian Models

Post by ken w »

Folks,

I am looking for a Xsara Series 2 remote control and I have seen some advertised on fleebay in the UK but they seem to quite a different design to those we have in Australia. Our controls are 2 button in an oval case which the key blade can fold into when not in use. The Australian ones are set to operate at 433MHz.

The UK ones seems to be a two button separate squarish unit or a squarish head with two buttons build onto a key blade. What frequency do the units operate at in the UK?

Would anyone be prepared to hazard a guess about whether a UK remote would work on an Aussie car?

Cheers,

Ken W
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Yours sound like the Pug 806 (and probably Synergie) keys, where they fold inside.

I would guess (not sure) they will not work as I bet the difference is due to local regulations regarding radio frequency availability (only certain bands / frequencies available)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

The Xsara Picasso uses the sort of key you alude to - possibly the Mk1 Xsara, not sure I've not seen one. I doubt it is compatible with the larger oval key the normal Xsara MK2 uses. Note that to use a 'new' remote with your car you will need to swap the blade over to get the imobiliser chip, and you will need a Lexia and the original code card to be able to code the key in.
Richard W
ken w
My Cars:

Post by ken w »

Thanks for the posts. It sounds like the series 2 Xsara remote control in the UK is the same as the one used out in Australia. I have heard from an Aussie that he has imported a Xantia remote and has it working on his Xantia V6 so the frequencies must be the same. I will have to keep an eye out for one of these.

Cheers,

Ken W
wright
My Cars:

Post by wright »

sounds like the key i have for my c5 and had on my xsara, oval shape and the key folds into itself, only he c5 key has an extra button for the windows
The Seasider

Post by The Seasider »

"Mostly" ALL remotes work on or in the 433 Mghz band .... (Even Wireless door bells!!!! & "General" Remote Controls))

I had a BIG problem with my Range Rover due to this ... (Long Story, Potted version!!)... the way the Rangie BeCM works is its ALWAYS POWERED but after 30 Mins goes into "SLEEP" mode ... if it detects a 433 "Pulse" it "Wakes Up" & Cycles EVERYTHING Checkin Door locks Height Sensors (& adjusts accordingly ect )

I put 3 (YES 3!!) brand new batteries on the rangie in the space of 2 Months they ALL went FLAT!!! had it in the Auto Leccy shop bout 5 times (Checkin for "Leccy Leaks" ect ) ...

THEN I found out my elderly neighbour had a new Burgler alarm installed & coz her fingers were bad controlled it by a "Remote Button" hangin round her neck

The old dear got up several times a night to go to the loo & switched off her alarm & then obviously switched it back on again !!!

The damed Rangie was "Wakin Up" bout 8 times a night & "Cycling" ect .... The frequency of her remote ????? ... 433 Mghz!!!!!

I ended up selling the Range Rover because of it !!!! ......
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Ken, have you tried a VIN filter on Service.Citroën? I'll put my money on 9170T0 or 9170T3...
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

The Seasider wrote:"Mostly" ALL remotes work on or in the 433 Mghz band ....
That is true in Europe, because it is the only legal UHF frequency, but in the USA, 418 MHz is also legal and used. I think that some Asian countries, might use something else again.