airbag warning light

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citrov6
My Cars:

airbag warning light

Post by citrov6 »

I have got this a couple of times while over taking at high revs which was unnerving, but it flashes for a minute then goes out, or if I park up and switch the car on and off it is out.

I wonder if it should be doing that at any stage of its life or does something need replacing
Love my black v6 xant - only one with cream coloured leather too!
Pompey_Dave

Post by Pompey_Dave »

mine came on and stayed on for a while, after lots of research I found alot of people saying its to do with the connections under the seat

I took mine apart, cleaned it up with circuit board cleaner stuff from my work, and clipped it all back in and now the light stays out

Some say thats its best to removed the clips and connect each wire to the corresponding wire on the other side of the clip, that way the clips arent used, they are meant to be badly made
citrov6
My Cars:

Post by citrov6 »

Thanks Pompey_Dave, nice to know the ways to fix it should it decide to stay next time. So far so good though
Pompey_Dave

Post by Pompey_Dave »

thing is I may be wrong, im still new to these cars myself...But I spent ages searching for into on how to cure it, my light came on and stayed on!

I just did the things I had read on here and another forum, and its stayed out, and hopefully it stays that way
Xaccers
My Cars:

Post by Xaccers »

If you want to replace the connectors and still be able to remove the seats should you need to, then try these:

http://tinyurl.com/385wjhz
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
citrov6
My Cars:

Post by citrov6 »

Thank you both, it is reassuring to have some idea of what to do should that happen
Pompey_Dave

Post by Pompey_Dave »

according to your sig, you have had these motors for a while! I only had mine a couple of weeks and the airbag light came on lol!

Then again I had a couple of little issues with the car, the main 1 being the dam seat dropping everytime I sat on it! Turned out to be the adjuster handle had come away from the seat as the bolts were missing, put 2 new ones on there and its fine now, although I fitted the handle wrong, so I cant lower or raise it at all, but doesnt bother me as its in the higher position now and I can see over the steering wheel better haha!
citrov6
My Cars:

Post by citrov6 »

One of the only things I dislike about the xantia is the steering wheel adjustment, sometimes I would like it to move out toward the driver, but there maybe a good safety reason for it considering its only a 2 star ncap car.

I do consider myself unusually lucky so far it is usually things failing after time when expected like the blower motor, heater matrix, that has given me the luxury of having time to tackle what appear bigger jobs like cambelt. Only downside when something goes wrong with a v6 part its rare and expensive.

I hope you are enjoying your xantia other than the little electrical problem you seem to have fixed. There are a lot of us here addicted to them, they do grow on you. The first one I had was only supposed to be temporary :roll: