Cooling check-up... Problem solved!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Xantia2.0
My Cars:

Cooling check-up... Problem solved!

Post by Xantia2.0 »

Well I went out at 6am this morning, started the 2.0 up, popped the hood, and... The coolant resovior was empty! And there was anti-freeze splattered all over the engine bay. And after more investigation the main radiator hose had been "repaired" some time by a mechanic (most probably a Kwik-Fit mechanic by the looks of it!!), with duct tape!! There is a 2" slit in the hose and the duct tape gave way on the long drive yesterday, so that's why it was getting a bit hot, the radiator wasn't getting enough (or any at the end of the journey yesterday) water! So I've ordered a new hose from the web and the courier is delivering it later today. It's strange though, cos the exact same hose was pointed out by the mechanic on the Focus when he did the coolant flush because it was starting to rip. It's replaced though, not "repaired" with duct tape I hasten to add!! When it arrives I'll fit it, fill the radiator up and that'll be it fixed for another day! I also noticed a slight burble from the manifold, so I suspect it's starting up a leak! Ugh, more problems!
1998 Citroen Xantia 2.0 16V I4 with 148,200 miles on the clock. Bought it with 123,000.