Antisink Valve where is it?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Diabolical
My Cars:

Antisink Valve where is it?

Post by Diabolical »

Just taken my Xantia out after summer break, weird maybe but not using CX Safari in Winter.

Xantia is s2 2.0 CT Exclusive (i still think citroen should have kept pallas) Estate.
Rear drops shortly after starting, then risies again.

After previous posts on other Citroen Forums while ago conclusion is AntiSink valve or brake dozer.

Were is AntiSink valve?

David
06 C5 2.0L HDi Exclusive Estate 20020k and rising. :-)
1987 Citroen CX Prestige. De Corps Brun Maya - cuir blond tabac, très chic
08 Jaguar X-Type 3.0V6 Sovereign Estate - Green (HGZ) - Leather Ivory seats.

citroencx.co.uk
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

At the rear, it's just under the AntiSink sphere bracket. A log circular (ish) casting with about five pipes going into it..

Before thinking of replacing it, test the rear corners, centre hydractive, main accumulator and anti sink spheres for correct pressure. I'll almost wager one or more on that list are flat or below par. Anti Sink valves are normally pretty reliable.

Rear corners on a hydractive car can go flat and rupture and you'll hardly be aware fro the ride. If, when removed, they spray a needle-fine jet of LHM for a minute or two then they're ruptured.

Although the Anti Sink sphere has nothing to do directly with sinking (it's a rear brake accumulator) if it is flat then it can have some bearing on your issue...

I agree, Pallas is a much better name than Exclusive

:D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

I agree, Pallas is a much better name than Exclusive
Inarguably! Pallas and Athena conjure up the very essence of elegance and perfection Exclusive, Desire, etc sound so pedestrian and un-French in comparison. (I know the names are Greek but that's pretty exotic too - Pallas Athene was always my preferred Greek Goddess as a kid)
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

and the PALLAS was only ever in salloon form, maybe they should have done a dersh PALLAS :lol:

regards malcolm
dudarus1

Post by dudarus1 »

my xantia did this when i first got it. the accumulater sphere was flat. changed and now problem all sorted. my anti sink valve is broken on the front and the symptoms are the car sinks on the front over night and comes up when engine running. pretty sure ur problem is accumulator
Diabolical
My Cars:

Post by Diabolical »

Prbably not the Accumulator as I changed all Sphere other than Anti Sink I had re charged.
06 C5 2.0L HDi Exclusive Estate 20020k and rising. :-)
1987 Citroen CX Prestige. De Corps Brun Maya - cuir blond tabac, très chic
08 Jaguar X-Type 3.0V6 Sovereign Estate - Green (HGZ) - Leather Ivory seats.

citroencx.co.uk
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Do swap the AS Sphere. Because it seems to do nothing, it is so often ignored and overlooked but it is there for a reason.

Recharged spheres should always be tested before fitting. I've had duff ones in the past and thankful I have a tester so that I can be sure of what I'm fitting. Otherwise I'd have ended up chasing red herrings all over the place...

I even test brand new GSF spheres before fitting...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...