Good Citroen Garages

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

landcrab
My Cars:

Good Citroen Garages

Post by landcrab »

I've posed this question before and got no response so maybe they don't exist.

Can anyone recommend a good Citroen independant garage in the Cannock/Walsall/Lichfield/Tamworth Area to look after my Xantia or even a good mobile mechanic with Citroen know-how.

Any info would be most welcome.

Landcrab.
Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Post by Old-Guy »

I think the lack of recommendations is because most active forum members do their own maintenance and repairs.
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)
pazauk
My Cars:

Post by pazauk »

There is one i know of in shrewsbury. Its called "french cars shrewsbury" dont know if its too far for you.

3 henry close
battlefield enterprise park
shrewsbury
shropshire
SY1 3TJ
pazauk
landcrab
My Cars:

Good Citroen Garages

Post by landcrab »

Thank you for the replies.

PAZAUK,yes shrewsbury is a bit far for me,about one and a half hours each way.

Old-Guy, yes I did much of my own maintenance when I was younger but I am now in my 75th year and it just does'nt make sense to scramble about under cars any more.

Landcrab.
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

I sometimes use Sovereign in Stafford. They're good. They do a lot of work on older Citroens. The only draw back is that they charge like a main dealer.

Sovereign are up by the tip off common road.

Another alternative in Stafford is Chevron. They're very knowledgeable on old Citroens. They're on the Doxey Rd. But, again, they charge near to main dealer prices.

Both of these know Xantias very well and will be a better bet for work on a Xantia than a main dealer because the main dealers are only good at selling new cars.
Cheers, Kev

02 plate C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive SE (now 170k miles 03/21).

Used to have:- Xantia 1.9 TurboD SX. 1996 Blue & 1998 Silver Activa. + 1992 BX TZD Turbo.
landcrab
My Cars:

good Citroen Garages

Post by landcrab »

Thanks for that Kev.
I know both of those garages,though I have never used them but I will check them out.

My nearest main agent is Spot of Chasetown but like you say they are only interested in current models.

The charges I don't generally mind, If they do a good job.

I bought my car new in 1999,and always had it serviced by the main agent in Birmingham that supplied it.But they ceased trading in 2008 and I am struggling to find a place that understands Xantias.

In defence of main agents though,my car has never failed to start and never failed an MOT.

With an annual cost averaging around £200 plus parts thats only around a fiver a week for perfect trouble free motoring and I tow a caravan as well.
No complaints.

Thanks Kev.

Landcrab.
bonnyman750
My Cars:

Post by bonnyman750 »

Hi Landcrab,

If I need any work doing that I either cannot handle myself or don't have the time for, I use CPR (Formerly CPP) in Coventry and have been for the last three to four years. They are located in the Foleshill/Longford area of Coventry (not far from junction 3 of the M6) and can be contacted on 02476 686400 (Pete/Mark). They are Citroen Authorised repair agents and I cannot fault them...

They do M.O.T.'s too :)

Cheers...

Glyn
landcrab
My Cars:

Good Citroen Garages

Post by landcrab »

Thanks for that Glyn.
Sounds like the right place for me and i will be contacting them.

Landcrab