Fitting Parrot Kit

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

hdi_man
My Cars:

Fitting Parrot Kit

Post by hdi_man »

I'm going to be fitting Parrot CK3000 and Can module this weekend to a 2008 C5. Any tips ? - how do I run the Microphone back to the main control box ??
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Depends on where your fitting the control box. Ideal place is under the centre console. Run the mic wiring along the headlining & down behind the 'A' pillar trim then under the glovebox.
wright
My Cars:

Post by wright »

when running the cable down the a pillar make sure the wire runs behind the air bag, if it goes across it you could have a whip fly across the car when you least need it
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

The curtain airbag deploys from the side of the roof lining above the glass not the 'A' pillar.
If it deployed from behind the 'A' pillar trim the 1mm thick piece of mic wire would be the least of your worries, i'd be more worried about the 2ft long plastic trim being thrown about the car.
wright
My Cars:

Post by wright »

i'm fitting handsfree kits for more than 8 years, the air bag is anchored on the a pillar, you don't take chances with air bags
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

I can understand your caution with airbags but the 'A' pillar trim does not get pushed off or burst open by the curtain airbag when it deploys so nothing behind it will either. I'm speaking specifically about the Citroen C5 here, other makes & models may be different.
hdi_man
My Cars:

Post by hdi_man »

ok tried to fit the kit and I'm in a right mess ! can anyone help...

I have realised there is no "switched ignition 12v" in the C5 radio harness, so I need to take it from somewhere ? - the cigarette lighter, how do I get in behind it ?

I also have the SW101C CAN bus kit, this specifically says IT supplies the orange 12v ignition....

so I'm thinking I just need to supply the SW101C with 12v permanent supply and it provides the 12v ignition to the parrot ?...BUT...the CANbus kit connects to the Keypad input of the Parrot Bluetooth module, so how can this supply a 12v ignition ?
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

I don't know what that extra kit you've bought does but having fitted a number of Parrot kits to Citroens, IIRC on the C5 you need to swap a couple of the power supply cables (orange/yellow?) they both have bullet connectors to make it easy. Take a look on the Parrot website for more information.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH