Rear Wiper on C5 Estate

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

flatie
My Cars:

Rear Wiper on C5 Estate

Post by flatie »

Any ideas? i have a C5 estate 2.2 on a 51 plate the rear wiper goes half way knocks and stops if you open the tail window you can see the motor and that works fine close it back down wiper goes half way again if you help it with your hand it will go, seems like the arm has gone tight for the motor to move it.
Regards Flatie
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Can you move the arm freely by hand when the tailgate glass is open ?
If so it sounds like a partially siezed wiper motor.
mooseshaver
My Cars:

Post by mooseshaver »

Mine di same thing about a year after I crushed it slightly reversing into a wall.
The stealer fitted a new one as I could see motor was fine, like yours the little stick turned when tailgate was open.
When they first fitted it they did the nut on the wiper far too tight and it only moved halfway. The housing for the wiper I think is mostly plastic tabs so it should come off but I think the bits are easy to brake as I've a feeling I needed every new bit that's listed. Inc a nut for some reason.
Hope this helps and makes sense it's hard to type on iphone
C5 III Tourer 2.0 HDi 163 Auto Exclusive
Gone cars.
C5 2.2 HDi Exclusive Estate auto 57. Awesome car. Sadly Could not be fixed by Citroen.
C5 1.6 HDi VTR Estate 56. Traded in.
C5 2.2 HDi SX Estate 02. Drowned in the floods of 09.
C3 1.4 HDi 92 SX 52.
Saxo 1.1 East Coast.
flatie
My Cars:

Rear Wiper on C5 Estate

Post by flatie »

Had a better look at wiper motor today and found one of the brackets that hold motor to the door has a crack in it!.
Regards Flatie