XANTIA SMELLY HEATER

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

budgiebutler
My Cars:

XANTIA SMELLY HEATER

Post by budgiebutler »

:D
Hi I'm a Newbie to citroens I presently have a 1997 "R"1.9TDi Xantia estate "Temptation" 97.000 miles VERY PLEASED with it have had to change all 4 corners spheres for what I can truly call a fantastically smooth ride
I had a "Smell" when I put air/con or heater SOOoooo I checked out the pollen filter which was probably the original although I have citroen services up to 58.000 I hoovered out the opening and before I put in the new pollen filter I pinched the wifes pot pourri Oil Vanilla sprinkled this has been 2 months on the filter and hey presto smell has disappeared as the access is so easy I would not mind doing this every few months

Oh the wifes STILL wondering where most of her Oil went to and asked duz it evaporate once opened and I admit I said YES IT DUZ DARLING
That woz my undoing YEAH the Darling bit

Hope this works for you too
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome to the forum!

Excellent :D Delighted the smelly stuff and a filter change sorted it...

So often the smell is one of curry sauce and this can mean only one thing: a diff heater matrix...

For once, an easy fix!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
budgiebutler
My Cars:

Post by budgiebutler »

CitroJim wrote::lol: :lol: :lol:

Welcome to the forum!

Excellent :D Delighted the smelly stuff and a filter change sorted it...

So often the smell is one of curry sauce and this can mean only one thing: a diff heater matrix...

For once, an easy fix!
Thank You CITROJIM
Have read your replies to others and they have also been VERY useful to me also

One thing I cannot find is a secondhand Roof Rack for an Xantia estate Being self employed this would be very handy But not something I would use Weekly or may be monthly So don't really want one BUT I know I will need one soon or later

Regards Budgie
handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

Budgie, you cannot get a 'roofrack' for a Xantia! :shock:

What you need is a Thule roof bar set, rather than the bent factory set. These are wider and stronger, Ebay usually being a prime source for these and they do appear regularly. :bd:

Handyman, :roll:
budgiebutler
My Cars:

Post by budgiebutler »

handyman wrote:Budgie, you cannot get a 'roofrack' for a Xantia! :shock:

What you need is a Thule roof bar set, rather than the bent factory set. These are wider and stronger, Ebay usually being a prime source for these and they do appear regularly. :bd:

Handyman, :roll:
Thanks handyman
I'll give ebay a go

Regards Budg