Citroen Xsara HDI Tyre Sizes

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Grant182

Citroen Xsara HDI Tyre Sizes

Post by Grant182 »

Hi

I have a Citroen Xsara 2.0 HDI 2001 which I have had for 18 months and taken it from 70k to 100k miles.

I have recently had the nearside hub replaced as the wheel bearings are knackered.

So replaced the hub, and everything ran well for a week or so. Then the horrid 'drop' noise of the clutch - and now it is making a horrible mechanical whirring noise, which I believe is the thrust bearing in the clutch. A local garage has said they would be just as well replacing the entire clutch mechanism in case they replace the thrust bearing, reassemble the car and then have to go back in to replace the entire clutch, sounds fair, I guess. But they have said I am looking at £300-£400 - for a car of this age, I am undecided if it is even worth it - especially because I need 4 new tyres (which I have also received quotes ranging from £176 to £200 for the four).

The Citroen came with Tigar Prima 195/55 R15 18 V tyres.

I also have a Honda Civic (which has a problem with the turbo and so, not really driveable, but has an excellent set of tyres). The Civic has 195/60 R15 tyres. Can I change the four tyres with the Civic?

The MOT is due for renewal on the Xsara at the end of December - it is in fair condition for its age and has been well maintained.

Can anyone advise?

Thank you
wright
My Cars:

Post by wright »

195/55 r15
195 is 195mm wide, /55 is 55% of 195 is the height ,
so 195/60 would be a taller tyre over all, not much but will affect you speedo, you will be going faster than indicated, not much but sometimes it dosen't need to be much