Citroen Relay Mk 2 Van Rev Counter Haywire!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Mad Dave

Citroen Relay Mk 2 Van Rev Counter Haywire!!

Post by Mad Dave »

Hi all,

Was wondering if anyone knew if there was a manual calibration method for the Tachometer (Rev Counter) on the Citroen Relay Van, as a few days ago the +12v on my van battery became loose, and as I was trying to start the van, the clocks went haywire, leaving the rev counter at 6000 RPM, and showing inpection spanner.
Now, when the van is started, the Rev counter still goes round clockwise, but barely gets above zero RPM due to its starting point, was just wondering if anyone knew of a quick fix.
Apart from this the van drives fine,

Thanks in advance,

Dave.
Last edited by Mad Dave on 10 Jul 2010, 18:05, edited 1 time in total.
Mad Dave

UPDATE!

Post by Mad Dave »

In between posting this thread about 1 hour ago and now, I have managed to sort this problem out, so I have posted an update, as hopefully it might help someone at some stage. :lol:
The speedo rev counter cluster is suprisingly easy to get out of a MK 2 Relay as I have just discovered, there are only 4 screws holding it in!!!
Once the cluster housing is removed, there are another 3 screws holding the actual cluster to the cluster housing, it can then be unclipped, and the plastic glass unclipped, and the tachometer needle basically pushed back anti clockwise until it reaches zero.
The needle will go further than zero, anti clockwise, but as you are adjusting it, you can feel some resistance like a stepper motor, and you can basically feel where abouts the needle should be.

Hope this helps someone at some stage, as I reckon it saves a few quid to get the dealers to sort it, which would have been my next trip.

Dave. :lol: :lol:
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Congratulations Dave.