Citroen Xantia 2.0l SX 1998

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

stevestix8
My Cars: Xantia SX H.d.i 2.0L (S reg, 98)

Post by stevestix8 »

Hi,

I have a Citroen Xantia 2.0l SX (1998) just got it had about a week now. Am pleased with everything, good engine, nice drive, all round good car. My problems are two things. 1.The rev counter doesnt seem to be reading and is stuck at over 6000 revs. I have tried to get specs on the web but no luck. Have spoken to the garage that has serviced car since new and he thinks the rev counter is all electronic. Can anyone advise me about checks to see if the problem is with fuse or relay or way to fix this?
2. I have a warning light on about the seat belt buckle, even when belt is in buckle the light is on. Again is this electrical or should I try taking the buckle apart?

I would appreciate any help,

Steve
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Steve,

Welcome!

The rev counter problem is covered in this thread.

It is very unusual for a Xantia to have a seatbelt warning light. Often it's the airbag light that comes on.

Commonly the problem is a loose connector under the seat. They suffer from the seat moving backward and forward. Have a look and check them. There will be one for the side airbag, one for the pretensioner and in your case one for the seatbelt sensor.

That I'm not familiar with as I know little of late Xantias but I'm sure soon someone who is will advise better :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
HDI Dave
My Cars:

Post by HDI Dave »

1999 Xantia LX 2.0 HDI 110 Rusteration project...
stevestix8
My Cars: Xantia SX H.d.i 2.0L (S reg, 98)

Post by stevestix8 »

Wow,

Your good. Thanks for the quick response. Have just been and tried with the car. I managed to get the button out and fed in a bit of wire and nudged the rev needle until it went back to the right position. Reving in time with engine. Nice fix.
I reseated the connectors under seat and yes this did stop the warning light on dashboard. Only prob is now it doesn't give any warning at all. If seat belt in or not.
Thanks though have nearly solved all my probs.

Steve