C5 DASHBOARD SWAP

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

memo

C5 DASHBOARD SWAP

Post by memo »

Is it possible to swap the dash and centre console from the C5 1.9 Exclusive and put in to a C5 V6 Exclusive? If so, how easy/difficult? I dont want to lose the built in Sat Nav from my old C5.

Thanks
bencowell

Post by bencowell »

It might be possible if both cars are of the same age.

There is some info on www.eurovan2.com regarding upgrading to satnav.

You're going to need patience and a Lexia.

I'd attempt to replace the physical black bit of the dashboard so you get the larger aperature for the sat nav, then only try swapping the radio, screen, aerial and associated cabling from the other car.

A Lexia will be needed to make the radio work on the other car.

Ben
Currently driving a 2004 C5 VTR (old shape) and an Electric Kia Soul. Sorry but the electric one is my favourite!
Formerly Hyundai Genesis 3.8 V6, 2 x Kia Optima, 2 x C5, Xsara and Saxo.
memo

Post by memo »

Thanks very much - much apprectiated - off to try it!
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

If you're taking the instrument cluster across - be warned, it may add up the different mileages. Fellow down here got caught like this with a D9 406.
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

addo wrote:If you're taking the instrument cluster across - be warned, it may add up the different mileages. Fellow down here got caught like this with a D9 406.
Question: If he swaps both the BSI and the instrument cluster across , will the milage stay the same ? , or is any other ECU needed too ?

I'm only asking out of curiosity :)

Assuming that the BSI is suitable for it.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
bencowell

Post by bencowell »

If the original poster is just wanting to add sat nav to another C5, I'd only change the minimum of kit.

In terms of dashboard, most models have the same air con, all have the same dashboard (except autos), so there is no point changing anything other than the housing for the screen.
Currently driving a 2004 C5 VTR (old shape) and an Electric Kia Soul. Sorry but the electric one is my favourite!
Formerly Hyundai Genesis 3.8 V6, 2 x Kia Optima, 2 x C5, Xsara and Saxo.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

spider wrote:
addo wrote:If you're taking the instrument cluster across - be warned, it may add up the different mileages. Fellow down here got caught like this with a D9 406.
Question: If he swaps both the BSI and the instrument cluster across , will the milage stay the same ? , or is any other ECU needed too ?

I'm only asking out of curiosity :)

Assuming that the BSI is suitable for it.
If both are swapped at the same time then they will stay the same. If either the BSI or instrument panel are swapped independantly the higher milage will (permanantly) be saved.

I also dont realy understand the question ? What version of C5 are both the cars & why do you want to swap them, what type of satnav do you have, is it the RT3 navidrive or the one with the seperate CD drive ?
Swapping electrical componants between mk1,2 & 3 C5's is a definite no.
memo

Post by memo »

Hi.

I have one 2002 C5 1.9i Exclusive (Auto) (98,000 miles) with built in sat nav - separate disc drive in glove box. I am getting rid of this as I have run it into the ground.

I have just purchased a 2002 C5 3.0 V6 Exclusive (Auto) (31,000 miles) in showroom condition but it does not have any sat nav at all.

I want to take the sat nav from the old C5 and install it in the new one. So I need to change dashboards so the satnav screen is in the V6 and also middle console where handbrake is as that is where the controls are for the sat nav in the 1.9i.

Hope that is clearer