Picasso - Help needed Front wheel bearing and spring change

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sawdrl
My Cars:

Picasso - Help needed Front wheel bearing and spring change

Post by sawdrl »

Really simple. Can I get some point by point instructions on how to change a front spring and a wheel bearing on a 2003 Picasso 1.6 LX ?
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

There's a Haynes for the Picasso which covers it reasonably well. It's no different really to any other FWD car - Haynes suggests that it is necessary to compress the spring under the arch the get the strut out - but if you are removing the hub anyway, then do that first, then remove the strut. Spring compressors required for the spring change, and a press to do the WB. Getting the bottom ball joint out can be tricky - Haynes suggests a chain and bar, but I have done ZX ones before with a pinch bar, and a good shove on the hub (the angle changes as the pin is pulled out and it binds up, pushing the hub back in resets the alignment and stops the pin binding). T55 bit required to remove the brake caliper. 35mm Socket required for the hub nut. Don't try and remove the ABS sensor - trace the wire back and unplug it (on the inner wing - NS one is in front of the brake servoc).
Richard W
handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

If you are changing a front spring, you will need to change the spring on the other side as well. Springs settle over a period of time and will reduce in length(height).

If you donot, you may find the car takes on a weird aspect. :shock: The corner with the new spring may be higher and that may upset the cars handling!

H