XM Diode kit

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citroenesque
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

XM Diode kit

Post by citroenesque »

Hi, I recently bought e-crofting's diode fix kit for my XM, but lacking a certain confidence, I am asking here, if anyone fancies 'helping out' at the CCC National? I will then make a photographic step-by-step and make notes so that in addition to the instructions supplied with the kit, there can be an even more idiot-proof step-by-step posted up on these forums.

So, has anyone coming to Gaydon fitted such a kit to their XM and fancies doing it to mine? It's got to be worth a beer or two!
1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Diesel hatch, white, 92k
*SOLD* 1998 Citroen Xantia Ser.1 Turbo Diesel manual, Desire Limited Edition hatch, Mauritius Blue, 118k
2003 Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE Tourer auto, BRG, 135k
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
My Cars:

Post by DickieG »

I've not used the kit but I have soldered in diodes direct several times, I'll be at the CCC National give me a shout and I'll do it for you.
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Phil,

I replied to your similar posts on the CCC forum :wink:
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
citroenesque
(Donor 2016)
My Cars:

Post by citroenesque »

Excellent, thanks: I'll be there both days. I'll try to seek you out - will you be in a Xantia V6? (You know I'll be in the green XM :lol: )
1992 Citroen BX TZD Turbo Diesel hatch, white, 92k
*SOLD* 1998 Citroen Xantia Ser.1 Turbo Diesel manual, Desire Limited Edition hatch, Mauritius Blue, 118k
2003 Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE Tourer auto, BRG, 135k
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

citroenesque wrote:will you be in a Xantia V6?
More than likely to be in one of my Activas Phil. One is red and very tidy and the other is a ratty silver one with a distinctive plate :wink:

Be good to have a natter :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...