catalyst help

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

IAN.D
My Cars:

catalyst help

Post by IAN.D »

The catalyst on my xantia 2.0vsx,8v (95) started rattling at the weekend so it looks like I need to get a new one.
Citroen want £350 for a new one and thats not even fitted[:0]
A local Peogeot fast fit centre will supply and fit a non citroen one for only £193 which includes a 2 year waranty (citroen only 1yr)
Is it best to go for the citroen one or the non citroen as I have heard that non cit ones are not very good quality?
I have very little money at the moment but I want one that will last (original 8yrs)
Thanks in advance for any help.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Ian -
Rattling cat's are a common problem, but not necessary an indication of immediate action. You may wait untill the car needs the usual service & preparations for next MOT.
There's no need to worry about non-genuine parts, they are warranted like anything else and works the same. If not - they'd never had a longterm business anyway.
Go enjoy the way lower cost - after all it's a matter of survival as car owner - not a matter of keeping up the showroom condition of your car.
It's hard business terms trying to longterm warrant a cat - lot's of things influences the servicelife of the cat. Even a single glassfrosty morning with lenghty starting problems may be the single shot that kills a cat.