ANTIPOLLUTION FAULT C5 110 HDI- SORTED!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rogerc5

ANTIPOLLUTION FAULT C5 110 HDI- SORTED!

Post by rogerc5 »

I've hung on for a few days since the garage sorted my problem on Friday out of sheer superstition I think.
However the computer identified only one fault this time which was the EGR operating solenoid, and on inspection the vacuum tube had a slight hole in it.
Had I known where to look I could have spotted it myself.
It's on the driver's side under the bulkhead- looking from the front of the engine bay it's left of centre, and there's a transverse metal pipe feeding into it. I would post a photo but not sure how- I'll try on Yahoo C5 group.
The mechanic also showed me the effects of recycling exhaust gas into the air intake on a dismantled engine- horrendous gunge in all the head ports which was difficult to dislodge even with hot steam. This looks like a problem waiting to happen and mine will have the EGR blocked off ASAP.
If it shows any problems with emissions next MOT then it's simple enough to remove the insert and replace it afterwards.
Another good job by M&M in Holmbridge Yorks.
boristhespie
My Cars:

Post by boristhespie »

Its good when you get to the bottom of things and without a fuss eh?
C'est pas possible!
rogerc5

Antipollution fault

Post by rogerc5 »

Absolutely Boris, but I did get the heater plugs replaced at £140 enroute to the answer, as this was the original fault showing on the lexus.
Still, no harm done and cheaper than I expected!
Rodders100

Antipolution fault.

Post by Rodders100 »

Hi, Roger, just thouth i would add a few words to your thread. I had the dreaded A/P fault pop up. Over a few weeks it came & went. Then on alonger trip, the car fell into safe mode/slowmode!!. It later cleared. Went to my Citoen man. He said he would have to check all the fault codes. He sorted the problem by finding a vaccuum pipe leak. So far, the fault hasnt come back. The job cost me £38 for connecting to the computer, and total £100. Fingers crossed
C5 2.2HDI owner