Where to get wiring harness plug?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

gidon

Where to get wiring harness plug?

Post by gidon »

Hi
I have a peugeot 306 HDI and had a problem last week where it wouldn't
start. The car was eventually taken to a peugeot dealer since nowhere else
could sort it out. They found the problem to be a plug burnt out off the
main wiring harness - please see pic:
Apparently the only way to replace this would be to buy a whole new harness
costing £900 including fitting (£450 for the part)! This seems extreme but
they can't get hold of the part seperately. Does anyone know where I could
get just this part from if at all - I have tried my local gsr outlet. Or have any other suggestions?
They have for the moment done a temp. repair with the exisiting plug - not
sure how - but the mechanic wasn't sure how long it would last.
Many thanks
Gidon
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

is that a double injection relay connector ? if you can hold on till tommorrow i'll get you the citroen part number (same part) for the repair connector.or you could get one from a scrapyard.
gidon

Post by gidon »

Thanks for your reply. It does connect to a relay - but unfortunately I don't know what the relay does (I think the mechanic said it was a safety relay or something). It fits just behind the engine mgt box I think. The mechanic said I would have to get a plug of a (peugeot?) HDI - would the plug you refer to be off a citroen HDI? The tricky thing is the plug is sealed around the cables. I have phoned a couple of scrapyards but they haven't got any peugeot 306 HDI's. I was hoping that I could find out who actually makes the plug and approach them.
Anyway look forward to hearing your thoughts and the part number of this citroen plug.
Many thanks
Gidon
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

i think the citroen part number you are looking for is- 6542C7.dont know how much it is although i doubt it will be cheap.all citroen/peugeot fuel injection (from about 93 onward) & HDi engines have these relays its just sometimes the pin arangement is different,i would check in the scrapyard & have a look at the plugs,as long as there is a terminal in each of the positions that is on yours (looks like 9 pins in it from pic) then it will work so it does not need to be off a 306 HDi.just cut off the plug leaving as much wire as possible on the connector as this will make it easier to fit,identify each wire/terminal using an ohmeter.
gidon

Post by gidon »

Thanks a lot! Will try the scrapyards again ...
Cheers
Gidon