Happy CIT

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ale2104p
My Cars:

Happy CIT

Post by ale2104p »

For over a year I thought I had a gas guzzler on my hand. My ZX Volcane 1.9i (AUTO)seemed to consume fuel like a horse. One tank full (£35) would only go 150 miles. But last weekend I went to Derby via the M1 and after travelling 155 miles I had only consumed half tank, I was proud of the K reg.
Just thought I would share this with you all out there.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

How do you drive that poor Volcane in daily use ??
I thought it was impossible to have such long term bad mileage w/o clogging engine/exhaust totally with carbon ??
I really think you should have the car serviced. In any case the cat is likely w/o any use now, and you'll probably have MOT problems next.
ale2104p
My Cars:

Post by ale2104p »

I normally drive 17 miles to work in about 1 hour (traffic). Same on the return home. Got it serviced a few months ago and MOT is due next month when I will get her serviced again.
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

17 miles in 1hr at traffic conditions is not too bad I guess. But I'm a bit worried about your Volcanes possible idle consumption then, since obviously you spend lots of your 1hr drive time with engine in idle.
But naturally you also burn a lot of extra fuel with constant (even moderate) accelerations from traffic lights then, so things may not be that bad at all...
ale2104p
My Cars:

Post by ale2104p »

You had me a bit worried there for a minute, with talk of Cat Converter and the rest. Thanks for your input
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

No - sorry - it's all on me.
I was too hasty on conclusions, not knowing your actaul driving conditions. You also learned me a thing [8D]
ale2104p
My Cars:

Post by ale2104p »

what is the normal idle speed for an Automatic ZX Volcane 1.9i (park/neutral/Drive). I sense mine may be on the high side. Thanks