c5 hdi antipollution fault what it is?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

c5est
My Cars:

c5 hdi antipollution fault what it is?

Post by c5est »

hello! I just manage to start my c5 for 1 time, and it bring me out antipollution fault, what it is? how can I fix it?
coastline taxis

Post by coastline taxis »

Youve got 2 options here
1 supply crystal balls as you havnt got a chance with what youve posted.

2 supply better details. i.e year/model/mileage and better description of the problem
c5est
My Cars:

Post by c5est »

coastline taxis wrote:Youve got 2 options here

2 supply better details. i.e year/model/mileage and better description of the problem
it's 2001 2,0 rhz 110 bhp hdi , I bought it as non runner , it has cam belt gone. I changed cam belt pulleys an rockers , put together nicely. cant start the car, it was in economy mode, today I was disconecting ecu and fuses, I put ecu from my second c5, it's didn't help, then I put original ecu back, and take out all fuses and clean it, put back, and sudanly the car starts, was runing, take to test drive was all nice, till I stop the engine, and now I can't start the car again. it show me the anti pollution fault, then he sow oil level to low, I put more oil, but when chek the oil it was on a midle.
in the dash board its not showing me a batery light and the oil light. and showing me to stop and service, thanks for reply, hope this will help
c5est
My Cars:

Post by c5est »

c5est wrote:

it's 2001 2,0 rhz 110 bhp hdi , I bought it as non runner , it has cam belt gone. I changed cam belt pulleys an rockers , put together nicely. cant start the car, it was in economy mode, today I was disconecting ecu and fuses, I put ecu from my second c5, it's didn't help, then I put original ecu back, and take out all fuses and clean it, put back, and sudanly the car starts, was runing, take to test drive was all nice, till I stop the engine, and now I can't start the car again. it show me the anti pollution fault, then he sow oil level to low, I put more oil, but when chek the oil it was on a midle.
in the dash board its not showing me a batery light and the oil light. and showing me to stop and service, thanks for reply, hope this will help
milage 158 000
model is sx estate
veralum
My Cars:

Post by veralum »

I like your style! :)
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

The C5 says anti-pollution fault every now and again, usually for no reason.
Mine did it yesterday, and I mightily ignored it.
At the fourth restart of the engine, it went away.
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
coastline taxis

Well before you can go any further you need to get the alternator running also the oil light. Just out of curiosity have you checked the oil pressure because if its down it could lead to a seizure or partail seizure of the engine. if its the top end then it will snap the belt.
c5est
My Cars:

Post by c5est »

coastline taxis wrote:Well before you can go any further you need to get the alternator running also the oil light. Just out of curiosity have you checked the oil pressure because if its down it could lead to a seizure or partail seizure of the engine. if its the top end then it will snap the belt.
g,
the prsure is low, I will change tomorrow oil pump, and I try take a batery off from car when it was runin she didn't stop. thanks, for advice!
coastline taxis

If your not getting 14.4 volts when its running then youl get a lot of problems of the various sensors on a c5 so sort your electrics out first. can you turn the engine over by hand and have you got a scanner
c5est
My Cars:

Post by c5est »

coastline taxis wrote:If your not getting 14.4 volts when its running then youl get a lot of problems of the various sensors on a c5 so sort your electrics out first. can you turn the engine over by hand and have you got a scanner
ya I can turn by spaner engine it's turning OK, yes I have lexia, but I think it's fautly because it's not reading nothink from abous cars, I will send it back to repear.
I will try to replace alternator from my working citroen , and hav a look what is hapening
thanks, for advice!
h2ocooler
My Cars:

Post by h2ocooler »

c5est wrote:
coastline taxis wrote:Well before you can go any further you need to get the alternator running also the oil light. Just out of curiosity have you checked the oil pressure because if its down it could lead to a seizure or partail seizure of the engine. if its the top end then it will snap the belt.
g,
the prsure is low, I will change tomorrow oil pump, and I try take a batery off from car when it was runin she didn't stop. thanks, for advice!
NEVER remove a battery from a car when its running as you will blow the output diodes in the alternator.
2005 Renault Laguna II Sports Tourer Initiale 2.0 Turbo Auto Estate
2003 Citroen C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive Captains Chair
2007 Renault Megane 1.6VVT Cabriolet Coupe Dynamique
02 C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive Auto Estate (my Dads) DE_FAPPED
c5est
My Cars:

Post by c5est »

h2ocooler wrote:
c5est wrote:
g,
NEVER remove a battery from a car when its running as you will blow the output diodes in the alternator.
thanks! I didn't know, I usualy do like that,