406 electric windows

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

carlo14
My Cars:

406 electric windows

Post by carlo14 »

Good morning,

I've got my eye on a 2000 MY 406, apparently the front electric window doesn't work. Does anyone know if this could be a potentially very expensive problem? On my 405 it wouldn't be an issue but I understand these were more complex - do they have this 'multiplex' wiring or whatever? Cheers!
Chris56000
My Cars:

Post by Chris56000 »

Hi!

In most cases this would probably be due to the control switch panel or a fuse which isn't difficult or expensive to fix as a rule!

When you go to have a look at the car check fuse F13 in the Driver's fusebox (1st fuse on the left of 7 in the second row up from the bottom) and give the driver's control switch a few pressings up and down in case the contact's just a bit grotty!

These are operated from the B.S.I. (Body Systems Interface) ECU but I think its far more likely to be the control switch or dicky wiring!

These cars are well worth a look, fairly reliable and comfortable with loads of nice toys, and if you do go ahead with the car then get stuck with a fault afterwards there should be a member not too far from where you live that's got Pugshot Planet tackle that'll diagnose it for you, and there's tons of friendly help on FCF here!!!

Chris Williams
Last edited by Chris56000 on 09 Jun 2010, 10:28, edited 1 time in total.
carlo14
My Cars:

Post by carlo14 »

Cheers for that! Do you know if these early D9 models were much different to the D8? My 1998 2.0 has been very reliable.

Also if anyone has any experience of the later 2.0 petrol they put in the D9 I'd be very interested to hear their experience. It was supposed to be a bit torquier and more economical - that would be very handy as the earlier D8 2.0 was very peaky and not best suited to the automatic I've got.