Clutch peddle

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
mark21td
Posts: 268
Joined: 07 Apr 2009, 13:27
x 1

Clutch peddle

Unread post by mark21td »

I've just done the clutch clip on a 405, not a bad job to be honist, anyway wile I was doing it I noticed the peddle itself had a rubber stop on it wich broke off and the peddle was alot higher up than before (I replaced the stop wuth a nut and bolt to bring it back down).
So does the Xantia have the same rubber stop ?
I ask as this might be why my Xantia peddle is so high up.
I tried to have a look but just can't see up there.
99 406 LX HDI 90 estate
99 C250TD sport estate
01 306 HDI 90 meridian estate
Brew my own biodiesel

http://www.shorewasteoil.xtreemhost.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55070
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8391

Unread post by CitroJim »

No, there is no rubber stop on a Xantia Mark.

The pedal height on a Xantia cable clutch is purely a function of the cable adjustment.

The "free" height of the pedal should be set by cable adjustment to something like 6" between the rubber pad and the floor.
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
mark21td
Posts: 268
Joined: 07 Apr 2009, 13:27
x 1

Unread post by mark21td »

But mine has an auto adduster in the cable (wich is giveing up as the sometimes bits quite low until I fift it up and then it's fine agine),
so could it be the cable/addjuster ?
99 406 LX HDI 90 estate
99 C250TD sport estate
01 306 HDI 90 meridian estate
Brew my own biodiesel

http://www.shorewasteoil.xtreemhost.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
User avatar
falling-out-with-my-car
Posts: 1928
Joined: 06 Apr 2008, 15:26
x 25

Unread post by falling-out-with-my-car »

my old auto adjust cable used to do that one minute the pedal was high the next it was low, my cable had streched and the rachet system had taken up all the slack it could, every now and then you could feel the cable click at the adjuster and it would drop the pedal down a bit or take it up again.

its probably the cable adjuster.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.