Peugeot 206 1.4 Misfire

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DHallworth
Donor 2023
My Cars:

Peugeot 206 1.4 Misfire

Post by DHallworth »

A good friend of mine has a 2000 W reg Peugeot 206 with a 1.4 TU engine fitted to it.

The car will idle perfectly all day long but only starts to give problems when accelerating.

When trying to accelerate the car tugs and feels like it's grabbing at the power. It's faily horrible to drive like this.

She has also said that if you are sitting doing 30 and you dip the clutch the car stalls.

I had it on my Lexia last night and it had a couple of fault codes stored but not for anything interesting. I cleared the codes, took it out for a run but it made no difference to the car. There were also no codes stored when I scanned it again afterwards.

The car has recently had a full service but this made no difference.

I've read on the net about faulty coil packs, injectors etc so thougt I'd see if anyone else has experienced anything similar?

Thanks

David.
'98 Xantia Activa V6 :-D
'00 XM V6 Exclusive
'09 C5 2.7 HDi Exclusive
‘10 C5 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'12 C6 3.0 HDi Exclusive
'15 C4 BlueHDi Feel
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

Before I actually read your topic (when I read the title) , my first thought was coil pack.

If you can borrow one its worth trying it to be honest.

They are difficult to test properly really as things like heat can effect them (so you could if you had the kit test it on the bench but it would perform OK etc) , then there's the chance you have a weak spark which would not always be easily detectable (as you obviously cannot measure that kind of voltage safely with the usual home equipment)

My only other thought is a block fuel filter, you say it had a full service but check to see if this was changed (its up by the fuel tank on the drivers side) should be able to see if it was due to it being dirty or not on the outside ;) , a blocked or partly blocked one can give some interesting symptoms...
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG