2lt 110bhp hdi C5

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

boristhespie
My Cars:

2lt 110bhp hdi C5

Post by boristhespie »

Okay long story this and those with long memories will recall this re older C5.

Can had poor pulling power when going up long gradual hills. Would start at 75 at bottom but by time up hill maybe 1-2 miles up it would be doing 40. Never had problem with speed elsewhere and while not spritely it did pull away around 2000 revs (if I recall).

Anyway it then began having management light on. It was taken to garage who said yes there is a fault but they couldn't pinpoint it on computer exactly where it is. Their advice, "you'll just need to keep running it until something more major happens".

I haven't ran it for 5 months.

Mechanic was to come but couldn;t so brov in law who was mechanic came and when we started it from jump start the engine rocked.

Straight away he said the car had gone onto 3 cylinders. Does it do this when idling (I don't know).

Eventually it was okay but he suggests it may be an injector.

Now the negine never bounced before but could this be the computer sensing there is an intermittent fault with injkector.

If so, how much? Can I do it myself with help? How much for injector.

And is it likely this?

Incidentally the mechanical noise he thought was maybe the fanbelt idler. We sprayed it and it went away until I put up suspension when it skirled.

It skirled again when I put it down.

Maybe just a result of not driving vcar for 6 months?
C'est pas possible!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

My engine was leaping all over the place and it turned out to be a dud injector.
It was £40 to test them and £100 to refurbish the dud one.
boristhespie
My Cars:

Post by boristhespie »

Never seen the engine jump like it did when I managed to get it running. Switched if off and of course it ran on 4 cylinders when turned on agin. MIke was going to pull out cable to injectors to identify the one which it may be.

Must be intermittent. But I guess that ties in with the lack of power on hills?
C'est pas possible!