Car always thinks its open...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

KP
My Cars:

Car always thinks its open...

Post by KP »

After i replaced the dash on the Activa after the matrix job my car now thinks a door is ajar. If i leave the lights on i get a beep thats picthed slightly different from normal and if i then open a door the pitch changes to the correct one.

is there something i have missed during my reconnection sequence after replacing the dash??

Also does anyone know what color the connector blocks are for the back of the child window lock switch, the alarm internal sensor button and the front foglights at all as i have 3 buttons and 4 connectors and the pinouts are the same on 3 of the connectors...
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

Hi KP
Can only really help with the alarm plug ,it should be the grey one :)

Colin
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Will,

Normally, if you look at the nautral "lie" of the harnesses, that'll show to which switches they should go. Over time the wires assume a particular characteristic pattern, a "memory" if you like that takes time to erase. This should help identify which is which.

The only other way, without going ad disassembming a dash, is to note wire numbers and match those up.

The rear electric window cutout switch should have wire numbers 61xx on it, alarm switch should have 86xx and foglights 2xxx numbers..
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

cheers colin :)
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Cheers Jim i'll check that in a bit as well :)

on another note where can i get replacement clock bulb and dash bulbs from as the clock one looks built into its plastic container and the dash ones may be 1.2w 12 v things i think..
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Bulbs from here Will..

Well Recommended...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Cheers Jim :)

I'll get some on order, one for clock and 2 for dash. Some of the light holes had rubber grommets in them, ie for the side lamps and for the cat overheating light as well...

There is also one of a wheel with arrows around it. is this for traction control on some models?

Also still cant find out why the car thinks a door is open. I have tried all the doors and the boot and the fault is still there.

Is there a diagram of how the wiring works to sens a door is open as i think when i've put the dash back in i must have shorted something?

Thanks,
will
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Will,

I'm in gainful employment at the moment so no access to my diagrams..

As soon as I'm home I'll have a look...

Confirm it's the early Activa with the foglight switches on the dash buttons rather than stalks.
Jim

citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Plugs have a Coloured DOT on them corresponding to the correct switch it should connected too!!

So there isn't really supposed to be any confusion, however, ive had trouble disguinguising a DOT to a correct plug..

Paul
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Got the plugs nearly sorted now bar the last 2 which im sure 1 is a spare for something...

Yes Jim its an early/late activa with fogs on buttons not on stalks :)

Im sure there are now 2 conenctors that won't be connected, 1 is for aircon, this goes to the right of the column, and a second im sure is for feature which escapes me now but goes onto the small piece of plastic just above where teh fusebox and manual sit. on cars without buttons here there are plastic conenctors to push the spare connectors onto but its really annoygin that this extra feature is escaping me now :(

The change in pitch for the door warning is telling me somethign is shorted somewhere or not connected the right way round :(
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Will,

I've not forgotten :)

I'm just scanning the circuit now. There is no relation at all between the lights on bleeper and the dashboard switches at all.

The only switch that could possibly have an effect is the hydractive switch and that's in the console :?

Anyway, here's the circuits...

Early MK1 Lights On Alarm Circuit

Early MK1 Lights On Alarm Harnesses

Early MK1 Lights On Alarm Item Locations

Apart from the annoyance, does everything work OK otherwise?
Jim

KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Cheers Jim :)

Yeah everything works other than the interior lights being on all the time unless i slide the switches midway between positions or remove the bulbs.

I have also found behind the clock a 4 blade socket on which something must connect. it has 2 green and 2 brown wires, going grn-brn-grn-brn.

Will take a picture and post it up in a bit if it helps as im lost as to what it could be.
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Just thinking about the hydractive switch Jim, what kind of effect could it have? I wonder if i should pop it out and check it over and make sure its not snagged.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Ahh :D Now we're getting somewhere Will..

The fact the interior lightsvare always on is significant!

The normal cause is a problem in either the ECU (Alarm) under the passenger Seat or the ECU(s) in the rear of the centre console and it can be aas simple as a plug being dislodged.

As you'll have had the console out, worth a good check, along witthe hydractive switch.

Sorry for the late reply, I missed this post first time round :roll:
Jim

KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

LOL its ok Jim,

Two posts more than make up for it :D

I think the connector is causing the issue and i hope i can get it back in without moving the dash again :(