help!! lucas diesel injector pump on a year 2000 306

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

chrispug

help!! lucas diesel injector pump on a year 2000 306

Post by chrispug »

hi everyone

i need help!! my injector pump on my 306 year 2000 x has packed in and i have been hunting a replacement which gas been extremely difficult as its a dw8 engine. i think i've found one but how do i know they are the same without physically checking them? should all the info on the plate on the pump be identical or just some of them? help!!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Hi Chris and welcome to the forum..

On the underside of the pump you should see a blue plate with the part number on it. It'll likely start DPC. That's the one to match up...

It's not that simple though as these pumps have an immobiliser built into their armour. Defeating them is not easy and nor, I believe, is reprogramming them to a different vehicle.

What's up with your present pump? Given the immobiliser issues it might be better to seek a repair. leaks are not a showstopper and are easier than you might imagine to fix.

If the pump has been run on non-DERV (i.e. veg or poor biodiesel) and has seized, repair is then a bit more complicated although a similar pump from a DW8 should provide the bits needed.

I have heard of people transplanting the earlier non-immobiliser Lucas pumps onto the DW8 and that, if you're happy to live without an immobiliser, may be an avenue to explore.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
chrispug

pump help

Post by chrispug »

hi

thanks for the advice and warm welcome!

my pump is a dpcdwlp12 mod the closest i can find is a dpc dwl p11. they look exactly the same,although i accedpt they may be different. i been told the main impellor shaft has broken and will be around 270 to repair,thus,buying a replacement would be cheaper,but this has been like hunting for the holy grail!! do you think i sholud just bite the bullet and get it reapired?

thanks for all your help so far

chris
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

If the P11 is also from a DW8, it should be OK Chris.

Then, retrieve the situation by transferring the immobiliser module under the armour plate on the side of the pump and the stop solenoid between the good and dead pump.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...