C5 Phone not connected...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

hdi_man
My Cars:

C5 Phone not connected...

Post by hdi_man »

there is a phone button on my 58 plate C5, when I press it I get "phone not connected". how can I connect the phone ? (I don't think the car has bluetooth)
logiclee
My Cars:

Post by logiclee »

Do you have the standard RD4 CD/MP3 player fitted or the NaviDrive?

The standard setup on the C5 Exclusive on the 2008/2009 models just has the RD4 fitted which is a single CD player which can play MP3 discs. No bluetooth or ipod control was fitted as standard.

The NaviDrive was an upgrade and had a slot to insert a simm card to enable phone use.

A USB box was an option to allow you to connect a USB memory stick with MP3 files or an Ipod and have full control through the Audio system with tracks displayed on the centre display. You can have this fitted at a dealer for around £230 or buy one and fit it yourself for £140. I've just ordered one.

Many dealers also offer aftermarket bluetooth kits which a used car may have been fitted with but they are vehicle dependant.

Cheers
Lee
2009 C5 2.0HDi Exclusive Auto. Storm Grey.
hdi_man
My Cars:

Post by hdi_man »

I have standard RD4 with CD/MP3. no bluetooth it seems as my phone cannot see any signal from the car.

strange how the button is there though. Can I add / upgrade the RD4 to get bluetooth working ? I don't want a parrot kit, I'd like to use the button on the steering wheel
hdi_man
My Cars:

Post by hdi_man »

just found this with optional bluetooth module...

http://www.xcarlink.co.uk/product.php?p ... =12&page=1
wright
My Cars:

Post by wright »

after market bluetooth kits are not car dependent i have fitted different model kits into all kinds of cars hi and lo spec new and old.

the phone button on the radio is there because it is the standard radio for that model car, on the merc for years now they have the phone buttons on the steering wheel but they only work if you order a phone for the car when its being made, only some models can be fitted with the merc phone kit afterwards
hdi_man
My Cars:

Post by hdi_man »

so am I correct in thinking that I can buy a Bluetooth Box from Citroen that connects to the RD4 ? - I would also need microphone.

edit: done a bit more digging, the OEM box is a Parrott CK4100. wonder where I could get this ?

or

I can buy the combined USB / Bluetooth box posted above
hdi_man
My Cars:

Post by hdi_man »

after a bit more digging on this I have ordered the following :

Parrot CK3000 kit
Parrot MultiCAN kit
Citroen ISO wiring loom (ebay)

using these you can get bluetooth with the RD4 working with the steering wheel controls....update to follow when installed
BrianM
My Cars:

Post by BrianM »

I put a Parrot CK3100 in mine - didn't bother with the multican module.
When you take out the radio you'll be surprised at how tight everything is in there - and how much padding etc there is - you'll be wondering how can I get the wires to the bluebox !. The harness I got also needed the live and the switched live to be swapped and I couldn't find a switched live either (maybe I didn't look hard enough :( ) !

Brian
09 C5 Exclusive.
logiclee
My Cars:

Post by logiclee »

hdi_man wrote:after a bit more digging on this I have ordered the following :

Parrot CK3000 kit
Parrot MultiCAN kit
Citroen ISO wiring loom (ebay)

using these you can get bluetooth with the RD4 working with the steering wheel controls....update to follow when installed
Let us know what you think.

The USB box was a pain to install too, there isn't much room behind the head unit.

Cheers
Lee
logiclee
My Cars:

Post by logiclee »

BrianM wrote:I put a Parrot CK3100 in mine - didn't bother with the multican module.
When you take out the radio you'll be surprised at how tight everything is in there - and how much padding etc there is - you'll be wondering how can I get the wires to the bluebox !. The harness I got also needed the live and the switched live to be swapped and I couldn't find a switched live either (maybe I didn't look hard enough :( ) !

Brian
09 C5 Exclusive.
Brian, where have you mounted the display for the CK3100?

Cheers
Lee
BrianM
My Cars:

Post by BrianM »

Mounted it above the AC controls and below the flip down door. Used the double sided tape to hold it to the 'chrome' strip and also the attachment meant for holding the unit in the airvents. That piece fits nicely into the groove between the upper part on the dash and the lower control and keeps it steady. - Hope it makes sense - will take a photo later. Wires came out nicely too without any drilling etc.

Brian
09 C5 Exclusive
logiclee
My Cars:

Post by logiclee »

Photo's would be great,

Cheers
Lee
wright
My Cars:

Post by wright »

you can get your ignition live off the cigarette lighter, you can't just take it from anywhere you can end up with bsi problems
BrianM
My Cars:

Post by BrianM »

Took a while but here is where I put the parrot display on my C5.
Double sided tape on the chrome strip and the airvent holder at the bottom to keep it extra steady. Wire then hides nicely in the channel on its way to the bluebox.

Brian
09 C5 Exclusive
hdi_man
My Cars:

Post by hdi_man »

I'm still waiting for some parts from ebay...but I had a question on the CK3000 / CK3100 multican - does it display caller ID on C5 display ? ...or does it just allow you to use steering wheel controls. - not much use if I can't see the phonebook etc