Fulda Tyres

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

boristhespie
My Cars:

Fulda Tyres

Post by boristhespie »

Special on at local dealer in erms of two year puncture and wear guarantee?

Any good?

I usually put Michelins, Goodyears or Pirellis on. What are these second brands like?
C'est pas possible!
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I have used them, no problems, I usually get what's cheapest and still manage to get about 30k from the front's

Peter
quintet
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2.0 hdi Peugeot 307

Post by quintet »

I've got some Fulda tyre's on my chevy, they perform fine although my (american :wink: ) car isn't the best handling of cars I've ever driven, other than that the only issue I've ever had is finding a fulda dealer, they seem quite rare, i even tried e-mailing the company it's self for a dealer list but got no reply.
Music keeps me going.
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I only bought mine because my local friendly tyre fitter had them in stock and they were cheap :D
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Ive never heard anything bad about Fulda tyres, though they dont seem to be easy to get hold of or popular in the UK.

I think the mytyres website usually lists them.

I tend to avoid budget tyres and go for premium brand tyres. However, ive got the C5 estates wheels on my C5 at the moment (same size and design as my own cars wheels 215.55.16) which has Nexen tyres fitted. (I was testing to see if its my car wobbling or my wheels! its the wheels) The Nexens were on when we bought the car and have lasted quite well. Im actually impressed with them, very much so. Grip is pretty good in the dry, they make a bit more noise but hardly noticable, looks reasonable and the car drives very well with them on, steering is firmer which i like. Ive not tried them on my car in the rain, but the estate seems fairly good in the wet usually, but i dont tend to push that around when i drive it.

Ive given the Nexens a very hard drive and they do make me wonder why ive just got a pair of michelins, when i could have had these for half the price. They do run wide slightly earlier but they are not too bad. Im impressed with them.

Whats also odd is the Michelin Primacys, usually noted for high mileage, ive just bought have a wear rating of 240 on the sidewall. The higher the number, supposidly, the longer the tyre lasts. The Nexen tyres are rated at 400 tread wear, which is pretty high.

Unless wet grip is way down with the Nexens compared to the michelins, im pretty dissapointed with my recent purchase of £266 for a pair of michelins. I could have had these for £133!

Not all budget or mid-range tyres are bad. But it does pay to do reasearch before buying tyres. Ive had some shocking ditchfinders on cars and have replaced them as soon as i got the car. Heros are the worst tyres ive ever driven on. I also hate Dunlops, i had the 2000E dunflops on one car from new, they were very poor.

Michelins are pretty decent tyres, usually have a soft sidewall - good for the ride but not for handling and are very expensive. Though they are what Citroens should have and its why i bought them. Goodyears i do really like, i have Excellence on the rear and Duragrips the front of the C5 SX, which has 195.65.15 tyres, they are much improved over its previous michelin energy savers.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
boristhespie
My Cars:

Post by boristhespie »

They are owned by Goodyear /Dunlop
C'est pas possible!