Beware used car warranties with claim limits

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

bencowell

Beware used car warranties with claim limits

Post by bencowell »

While in the main dealer handing over 25p for a sump plug washer, I noticed they had a large sign on the wall about the value of warranty claims they will pay out during the complimentary 3 month period.

This particular dealer, (Bradford city centre), has a £500 limit per claim. If you have fuel injection, dual mass flywheel, cambelt failure etc you will have to go to the bother of instructing a solicitor to claim that the car was not of satisfactory quality.

No doubt you can pay extra for a more comprehensive warranty.

I note, on the other hand, that genuine Citroen used car warrantys are much more generous, but the cars probably cost a few quid more.

Ben
Currently driving a 2004 C5 VTR (old shape) and an Electric Kia Soul. Sorry but the electric one is my favourite!
Formerly Hyundai Genesis 3.8 V6, 2 x Kia Optima, 2 x C5, Xsara and Saxo.
logiclee
My Cars:

Re: Beware used car warranties with claim limits

Post by logiclee »

bencowell wrote:I note, on the other hand, that genuine Citroen used car warrantys are much more generous, but the cars probably cost a few quid more.

Ben
You might be suprised. I've just bought a C5 from a main dealer under the Citroen Select Approved Used Car Scheme and they beat the cheapest car supermarket by £600.
All Citroen Select used cars come with comprehensive 12 months used car warranty although mine still has 2 years new car warranty left on it.

Cheers
Lee
2009 C5 2.0HDi Exclusive Auto. Storm Grey.
bencowell

Post by bencowell »

Well, yes. My 2006 C5 bought 15 months ago was a bargain price at a main dealer and has had the warranty used several times, including a Dual Mass Flywheel which is best part of £1000 once fitted!
Currently driving a 2004 C5 VTR (old shape) and an Electric Kia Soul. Sorry but the electric one is my favourite!
Formerly Hyundai Genesis 3.8 V6, 2 x Kia Optima, 2 x C5, Xsara and Saxo.