Flat spot Picasso 1.6 petrol

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jcdel
My Cars:

Flat spot Picasso 1.6 petrol

Post by jcdel »

Daughter has this vehicle and she says that when changing gear etc? or setting off from traffic lights? it feels like she has run out of petrol but then it picks up and is OK until the next gear change.Sorry guys but this is exactly how she describes it.She has been quoted £37 for diagnosis but told to expect £100 ish with parts.I cant get to her for a couple of days so any help as always highly appreciated.
Citroenmad
My Cars: 07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10

Post by Citroenmad »

Mass air flow sensor fault? Sounds like typical symptoms.

Or the throttle body has became choked, might just need a clean.
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
quintet
Donor 2023
My Cars: 2.0 hdi Peugeot 307

Post by quintet »

I presume your considering taking it to a dealer? they'll be able to put it on their diagnostic machine (aka lexia) & read any faults the cars's ecu's have stored, (if any), like citroenmad suggested it could well be the throttle body, it's not uncommon to be honest, also you might wish to get the dealer to do a software download into the injection ECU, it's bit like upgrading your computer at home with the latest software, they will charge you for this but as it's an internet download there's no parts involved, but note this, if you ask them to do the download they wont know if the injection ECU is upto date until they try the download, if it is upto date then obviously it wont take a software upgrade but they will probably still want to charge you for trying. If you do have either of these jobs done try and make sure the dealer re-set's the 'auto-adaptives' (they will know how to do this).
Music keeps me going.