Synergie Aircon won't turn off?? says it has. but hasn't :-$

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Chris_300
My Cars:

Synergie Aircon won't turn off?? says it has. but hasn't :-$

Post by Chris_300 »

Hi all

As above really, when turned on the aircon works fine, change the fan speed, direction settings etc. Turn it off though and the 'off' button lights up but the fan keeps running. Anyone had this issue beofre?

Ooh, car is a 2001 2.0 HDi SX

Thanks Chris
Chris_300
My Cars:

Post by Chris_300 »

Looking online I have found some info regarding the heater blower controller but this was on a Picasso and seems to make the heater blwo at full bore not minimum like mine.

Could this be the same issue though? is there actually a heater controller in the Synergie and does anyone know where I would find the unit?
Chris_300
My Cars:

Post by Chris_300 »

Anyone had this issue before?
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Chris,

Your post is a bit confused...you start talking about A/C but then later talk about fans? Not sure what you are getting at? The internal blower is indendent of the A/C and will run whether it's on or off. Does the car have climate control, or just 'manual' A/C? Or are you talking about the radiator fans, which should run when the A/C is on? Note that the A/C may run (not sure on an 01 Synergie) when Demist position is selected, regardless of whether the A/C switch is 'ON' or not.... :lol:
Richard W
Chris_300
My Cars:

Post by Chris_300 »

OK, I'm talking about the A/C and by fans I mean the blower that changes the amount of air coming out of the vents. I didn't know the A/C was independent of the blower so I guess it may just be the blower that's staying on.

I think it's climate control I have as you set the temp you want on the dash.

The blower shouldn't run at all though should it when I press the OFF button??

Cheers Chris
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

Depends what the off button is for.

You can usually turn the aircon off and on independantly of the blower. So you can have just the blower on, theoretically saving fuel (though I find with climate control it doesn't make any difference in fuel consumption) or have the blower and aircon on.

Not being familiar with the Synergie I can't say what the off button is actually turning off but I'd guess it just turns off the aircon, leaving you with a conventional blower, which you then turn off with the fan control.
Gammy leg
My Cars:

Post by Gammy leg »

Chris,

You are correct in saying that the fan should not operate when 'off' is selected. Unfortunatly I don't know why yours is still doing so.
Can you use the fan -/+ button at this point to reduce the fan speed or have these been disabled by using the 'off' button?

Gammy :?
2000 Synergie 1.9Td