Radiator failure under warranty

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

KP
My Cars:

Radiator failure under warranty

Post by KP »

It looks like my radiator could be failing if not already have failed in a small way near the top.

I got the radiator fitted last year when i had another tct engine dropped in the car but i know if i call the place that fitted the rad and parts they will say that i need to come in, pay for them to check it and also replace it with another part, ie the labour, but not the price of the part is what i'll have to pay.

Can i get round this at all as the place is an 75mins away on a good day so nearly 3 hours round trip all in, plus time waiting there for the assessment and then being charged to replace it as well.

I'll try and phone them later but i'm really wanting to just get a replacement rad delivered to me and send the old one back to them as the price of delivery will be a lot less than fuel and time there and back and their labour rates...
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

I guess it may depend on the wording of the warranty. For something like a radiator it might only cover the replacement part, not fitting labour etc. :?:
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

I would look at the cost of a replacement on ebay, it may be less that it will cost you in time and travel, they are not difficult to fit.

Peter
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

I agree Peter. as fuel there would be say, 30-40 quid and then another hours labour on top and antifreeze if they charge for it would be another 5-10 quid.

where as i could fit it myself in an evening, 2hours tops maybe, buy the antifreeze myself if i must and do the job from there for a lot less.

Its buying the radiator i don't want to have to do as it was £100+vat last year and as its under warranty i don't see why i should have to be out of pocket for something and the invoice says PSA Genuine Radiator as well.... though im not sure it is.

Anyway phoned up and the fella there was nice and helpful but couldn't look at last years records so i need to phone back tomorrow so someone else can pull the records up and see what the warranty is on it and what they can do. After the problems i had after it was fixed where the clamps for the battery had been broken i don't fancy having to go back and have something else broken :(