Front supsension stays at hig level.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

noltha
My Cars:

Front supsension stays at hig level.

Post by noltha »

Hello,
I fixed an exhaust pipe from my BX. Everything went fine until i replaced it with a new one.
After that i started my BX and it comes in the front at the highest level. Even now it is in there. It doesnt matter in which position/level i put my bx in.
Really strange is also that when i put it in the lowest value it keeps on being the highst (Front) in the back everything works normally.
When the car stays for a while in the lowest position and i start the car the pump is doing some ticks to get the front in the highest position again. Strange and i have no clue what to do!
Help me!
mark_l

Post by mark_l »

Hi,
I am not great expert, but it sound like any rod was moved or demaged due repair.
In such situation first of all i was check condition of all front high-regulation mechanical components.
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Just out of curiosity, how do the rods look that come from the adjustment lever inside the car? They have clamps fitted to the rods (about 6 or 8mm diameter) at the front that controls the amount of manual adjustment that comes from the manual adjustment to the front & rear height correctors. If one of these has been accidentally loosened & retightened or bent, it could also cause this peoblem. An arm bent at right angles should sit in a slot which at normal ride height, should be 7mm from the front & 5mm from the back of the slot it sits in.
If you can find & check this it may be where the trouble lies. Also, be sure to cycle your suspension from top to bottom a few times & then see where it sits at normal height. I also had a problem with my car when it did the same thing, that it was jammed internally but I won't go looking through the archives for the story on that until this is checked out so as not to confuse things unnecessarily.[:D]
Alan S
noltha
My Cars:

Post by noltha »

Hello All,
It was indeed the rod. With replacing my Front exhaust pipe i accidently
bowed the whole high leveler system. It had to be placed back at the height corrector. This little ball wasn't connected anymore. I connected it again and it is working again...
Thanks for all the tips,