MOT Tomorrow

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

MOT Tomorrow

Post by spider »

205's MOT tomorrow :)

Just dropped it off to the place where I used to work, new metal fuel lines to be fitted first (hence me dropping it off a bit early) , although these may be NLA from the dealer in which case it will be time to hunt down some copper piping of suitable diameters (different sizes feed / return)

Probably want a wishbone too (these are the GTI one's on this model = bit of an expense unfortunately) , pattern ones only last about 18 months, but are 1/4 of the price.

Maybe a small (master cylinder to nearside front wing) brake pipe too. Did not look that bad to be honest, if it was me I would advise it and pass it as its not 'heavy' but having no brake flare tool here otherwise I may have changed it anyway.

We shall see what else turns up. :) Hopefully not a lot as I keep an eye on things anyway.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

All the best for the MOT Andy. I'm taking my Activa Project in later this week and next week my V6 goes in, after replacing the drop links. They've only lasted a year...

I've replaced a few fuel lines on 205s. Not such a bad job actually and the steel pipe should still be available. It used to come as a length and you needed to cut and bend it yourself.

I know the MOT man won't agree but thse pipes can get very crusty indeed and not be anywhere near weakened or dangerous. They are very thick.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
spider

Post by spider »

I changed a couple on 405's previously :) , I know what you mean, they come as a trombone shape to be straightened out and bent as appropriate. :)

I actually asked them to change them nearly two years ago, there was a bit of dampness at the rear end of the metal pipes, although they cut a few inches of metal pipe off and replaced the rubber feed / return hoses to the tank to suit. Did not charge me for this actually so I could not complain but I would of rathered they had changed them at that time. Not to worry.

I know they are nice and thick :D , I have to keep reminding myself they are 20 years old though, (and they are damp in the middle!, since a couple of days ago)

The only area of concern really is the bypass hose (I had the fuel heater on the back of the block, the annoying 'I like to take in air' one) , bypassed this as I have one elsewhere now that I made but you have to ensure the rubber connection pipe between the front end of the main pipe to the one across the bulk head is tight or it will sit too close to the turbo. To be fair its further away than the original one, but if someone just fitted a length and did not look it could be too close or worse case in contact with it. We shall see anyway. A glance at the fitted pipe will show the area of concern (if it needs adjusting) , taking the engine mount off gives enough space to rectify any issues, no need to take inlet manifold off.

Good luck with yours too Jim, I know what you mean about the droplinks, same as the 406 ones I guess ? , they do have a hard time with the excess of speed humps we have nowadays :)
Andy.

spider

Post by spider »

I have not actually got it back yet. :(

I'll post details of why when I do (Saturday hopefully) , as its complicated...
Andy.

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i thought an MOT should be no more than an hour TEA HE,

the BX front to rear fuel lines come pr/shaped ready to fit, appart from i usualy had to lop off about two inch's on one of them at the rear end,

regards malcolm