C3 won't start

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ed1
My Cars:

C3 won't start

Post by ed1 »

Hi.
I have a C3 in the garage (been there for ages now). It developed an intermittent fault wher sometimes it wouldn't start and sometimes it would. It became a permanent non-starter eventually. I cleaned the connectors etc in the ecu with electrical spray and it started. That lasted a few weeks then became permanent non-starter. Nothing works.
I knew when it would start as the fuel pump could be heard priming up but no sounds at all now. Have tried to check continuity etc in wiring from fuel pump (which is new incidentally) to bsi and seems to be no probelems. All fuses seem intact.
It's a 53 plate with 34000 miles and could be a good wee car but scrappies only offer £350 max.
Cheers
Eddie
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

What engine size & fuel type are we talking about here ?
Im amazed that you got continuity on the wiring between the fuel pump & BSI because the fuel pump wiring doesent go to the BSI it goes to the under bonnet fusebox.
So the problem appers to be the fuel pump not working ? when you say nothing works do you mean nothing at all ? no starter motor or dash lights ?
ed1
My Cars:

Post by ed1 »

Thanks for this.
Sorry I meant to say its a 1.4 petrol.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i looked at a 206 1.4 petrol that would not start, turned out the be the large double relay under the ECU on the top of the O/S inner wing, 30 something quid later all is well,

regards malcolm
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Unfortunitiley the C3 doesent have the old style double relay (well not for the injection system/fuel pump). They have been done away with on later multiplexed cars & the 'relay' is an internal part of the under bonnet fusebox.
ed1
My Cars:

Post by ed1 »

The relay has been mentioned in the past by numerous people and now Mr Wheeler has explained why I have had great difficulty finding it.
Cheers
Eddie