xsara stop valve immob

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rizlas

xsara stop valve immob

Post by rizlas »

Hi guys

Having a nightmare with immob on my xsara 2000 1.9 diesel
long story short,I need to disable it at the stop valve on the pump

now i have read the other posts and there is great info about removing the armour etc,but i was hoping not to have to strip the car down..timing belt/pump etc.

I guess what im asking is, Does anyone have anymore info on the wiring to the solenoid/electronics.. does it realy hold the code.Cant it be hotwired.

or Is there a trick to removing the pump.

Any info is greatly appreciated
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Theres no way to get at the solenoid without removing the injection pump.
rizlas

Post by rizlas »

reading the haynes i see that on the xud engine you dont have to remove the timing belt.
However on my engine the dw8 it states you need to remove the belt

on the xud you can hold the pump sprocket on with bolts.

is there anything similar for the dw8,Maybe vice grips etc straps whatever
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

rizlas wrote:is there anything similar for the dw8,Maybe vice grips etc straps whatever
No, sadly not. To get the pump off it will be necessary to remove the timing belt. Don't try any "dodges" it's just too risky.

This comes about due to the use of vernier sprockets on the DW8 along with a redesigned cambelt tensioner.

A bit of a backward step really as the XUD system was very good.

A consolation is that once off the car, the Lucas pump is very easy in comparason with the Bosch, to de-armour.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

CitroJim wrote:
rizlas wrote:is there
This comes about due to the use of vernier sprockets on the DW8 along with a redesigned cambelt tensioner.

A bit of a backward step really as the XUD system was very good.
I'd agree, no idea why they stepped back :( , perhaps too easy. (off topic you remember 80's fwd Vauxhalls, you could do clutches without removing the gearbox as the input shaft would slide, they stopped that as it was "too easy" for home fixing I'd assume) , I guess all manufacturers want to discourage too much home fixing :)

I (ages ago) looked at a DW8 but there did not seem to be a way to retro fit the XUD tensioner system to it unfortunately.

Back on topic, this topic will be helpful regarding the actual solenoid needed > http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=30280 , as jackmcl had a bit of fun (for want of a better word) finding a suitable solenoid for the Lucas DW8 pump. The topic is for a 206, however I would expect you will need the same solenoid (same pump really) :) , last few posts on page two specifically.
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

im not sure about the pump/imobaliser/armour on the DW8 lump, but it is possible to de/armour the pumps on the XUD's (allbeit fiddly/time cosumming), what if anything is stopping this being done on the DW8 pump

regards malcolm
spider

Post by spider »

citronut wrote:im not sure about the pump/imobaliser/armour on the DW8 lump, but it is possible to de/armour the pumps on the XUD's (allbeit fiddly/time cosumming), what if anything is stopping this being done on the DW8 pump

regards malcolm
Nothing :) , same procedure more or less.

The problem is getting a stop solenoid to fit as its a deep action type (not phrased that correctly) most will fit but will not 'stop' the flow of fuel.

The topic I linked to (above ^^^) shows there is one suitable but it took him a bit of hunting to find one.
Andy.

citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

ok then why cant you just use the existing solenoid, like James Cox377 is going to do with the Bosh pump i de/armoured for him,

regards malcolm
spider

Post by spider »

As far as I know its not possible to get the solenoid part out of the 'module' assembly, its kind of a solid unit.

Do not have one to hand to look :( , hope that makes sense, its not like the Bosch unit unfortunately.
Andy.

wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

citronut wrote:ok then why cant you just use the existing solenoid, like James Cox377 is going to do with the Bosh pump i de/armoured for him,

regards malcolm
Yeah the pump module/soleniod are the same unit so you cant just run an ignition live feed to it like with the old bosch ones, you would need to fit a totaly different solenoid. I have one of the solenoid modules, i'll look it out & post up a pic later.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Heres what the lucas pump module off the DW8 looks like.
rizlas

Post by rizlas »

That looks fairly simple to bypass.
just cut off the electronics box and find the live wire that energizes the solenoid.

Or am i missing something.

Thanks for the great pic and comments
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

ok thanks wheeler i have not had any dealings with this type as yet,

rizlas wrote
"That looks fairly simple to bypass.
just cut off the electronics box and find the live wire that energizes the solenoid."

the electricary will be in the solenoid head, inside that metal dome, it might be possible to cut the dome off and bypass, dont know if anyone has tried this yet Jim/wheeler??????

regards malcolm