zx volcane td towbar wiring

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ianf
My Cars:

zx volcane td towbar wiring

Post by ianf »

hello
hope someone can tell me which side of the car the electrics terminate and is there a special connector, or just the usual termi blocks , i have almost fitted the bar and don't want to take the bumper of ever again haynes is rubbish i bought this on ebay good price very heavy duty the volcane had all the holes pre drilled just the bar was a little distorted.

thanks ian
zx volcane td
mg zt190+
cbr1100xx superblackbird
VFR**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
cx500, to go.
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

hi Ian

cant help much with towbar wiring.... sounds like the previous car may have been rear ended though, not a great problem if all the bolts are in.

welcome , nice bikes :D

John
handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

If you can find one, as they are now obsolete according to PSA, there was a nice simple break-in plug connector that Citroen sold for the ZX range when fitting a towbar. All you did was disconnect the wiring harness at the rear of the car, fit in this plug, reconnect and it was all done. Last price I saw for this was >£40. :shock:

They were also available for Xantia and CX and maybe others. :?

There are other makes available for this plug as I currently use one on my ZX although I cannot ever recall seeing one advertised anywhere.

H
ianf
My Cars:

Post by ianf »

thanks handyman

failing that which side would i go for to make the connections,

regards ian
zx volcane td
mg zt190+
cbr1100xx superblackbird
cx500, to go.
handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

The company that makes the break-in wiring harness is called Brink, based in Nuneaton, CV11 4NG. Pt number: 076153. This is for a single socket.

You always connect the wiring to the rear RHS lamp assembly, unless the harness is on the left! :shock:

If you want to wire it in using bridging connectors (Lucar blue clips) I can probably find you the connection diagram.

H
ianf
My Cars:

Post by ianf »

thanks handyman

i spoke to citroen my dealer and he felt that citroens after zx had port ,so hard wire in on r/h side ( offside) light unit , does the loom carry l/h side indicator etc here ,,or is it a strapper back for that .

thanks ian

i am ok re the wiring diagram etc ,thanks.
zx volcane td
mg zt190+
cbr1100xx superblackbird
cx500, to go.
ianf
My Cars:

Post by ianf »

hello jgr1

i had a look at your pics of the bike, looks like a nice restoration, ihad plan to to do that on the cx500 but after spending a fortune on bits i still had a bike with problems it had been totally abused , the VFR**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff], i have had for years it needs work but when honda made these they really built them well , this one i will leave in france i got the original twin cans for her from german ebay its in red and i love it. the blackbird i have had her for 5years it is a dream ride it still looks like new i fitted some remus oval carbons i will sell her ,it is just too quick , i am not heavy so i thought i might get her to 200 mph speedo reading and downhill wind pushing and a bit of bullshit but at 185 i got really scared,best bit is in london at the lights on the VFR**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] all 2 wheelers will try to race you but on the blackbird they just sit behind and wait,ha ha i get my pension in a couple of years.

best wishes ian
zx volcane td
mg zt190+
cbr1100xx superblackbird
cx500, to go.