Xsara Picasso 2.o HDI starting/running problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

eimaj12000

Xsara Picasso 2.o HDI starting/running problem

Post by eimaj12000 »

Hi,

A friend has just procured a 2001 Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDI with a running problem. Basically, the car only starts intermittently and runs on for 2-3 secs after the key being turned off. Most times, the engine cuts itself off or fails to start whatsover.

Inside the glovebox was found a computer printout with the following fault codes:

P1517 CODED ANTI-START OPERATION
P1521 CLUTCH SENSOR
P1138 FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR
P1112 FUEL RAIL PRESSURE

I'm guessing 1517 is par for the course as the thing is cutting out (no doubt the ECU doing this) due to a fuel pressure issue.

From what I've read here (I always search before asking as per the rules) it could be the fuel pump in the tank, faulty line, injector etc. but I read elsewhere about an issue regarding the filter housing which has some metal strip inside that causes problems when faulty and is a pain to diagnose. Could anyone give advice on the best and most logical way to eliminate this problem please ? Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards
racingraymond

Post by racingraymond »

I had a similar problem with my Synergie Hdi,it would over run for a few seconds and cut out,mostly on deacceleration,I was told that it was probably the fuel pressure regulator,I took a chance and changed it and it has been fine up to now,I bought a pattern part for £54+vat and post.It could well solve your problem,its a bit of a fiddly job but not too bad :D