Sat Nav not working

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

lesbrousses
My Cars:

Sat Nav not working

Post by lesbrousses »

I have a Citroen C5 Exclusive estate on a 51 plate. In built sat nav has ceased to operate, screen blank, radio still working but only off control knob. steering column controls not working, also when removing ignition key radio continues to play. replaced dashboard console 2 weeks ago when speedo needle "crashed" 2nd hand dash installed. Any advice would be appreciated. car has done 212,000 miles, had it from 2,500 miles still happy with it !!
cachaciero
My Cars:

Post by cachaciero »

Well all the items that don't work correctly are on the "comfort " van bus which also includes the dash so my guess would be that when changing the dash either something didn't get connected properly.
My guess is that the reversing sensors don't work either (if fitted) also the climate control panel.

cachaciero
2006 Toyota Prius T Spirit
2001 2.2 C5 Exclusive SE
1996 XM 2.1 TD Auto VSX
1995 XM 2.1 TD Auto SX died @ 140K
1987 CX 2.5 Gti Turbo II dead
1984 Ford Scorpio
1981 CX 2.4 Pallas Auto
Renault 21
1220 GS Club
Rover P6 2000TC
lesbrousses
My Cars:

Re sat nav system

Post by lesbrousses »

thanks for the advice, the reversing sensors still continued to operate as did the climate control. At the moment the sat nav is working again !! but can then suddenly cease to work !! I'm thinking the cheapest option is to purchase a Tom Tom or similar and if it packs up use that. No-one seems to have a positive solution and am not prepared to go to a citroen dealership with an open cheque book, been there before and got ripped off nearly £120-00 for a new battery !!