C5 Aircon sorted finally

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

h2ocooler
My Cars:

C5 Aircon sorted finally

Post by h2ocooler »

Hi All
Finally got the AC working on my C5, I didnt realise that it was US until a few weeks ago, when I checked it it was empty, got a refill can from halfrauds and put it in only for it to come out again, the high pressure line into the condensor had corroded right at the edge of the locking plate and had a tiny pinhole in it (way too small to see).

After finding some S/H pipes on ebay I looked at what was involved in replacing it, WAY TOO much, engine mount, suspension pipes, fuel lines etc would have to come off to get the complete pipe in as it runs along the chassis to the bulkhead then along and into the heater unit.

Hummm well nothing to loose but the replacment pipe, I measured the old one and it is 10mm dia, I then cut it on the straight part about 75mm from the condensor, marked the cut piece on the new pipe a few mm shorter and using a 10mm compression coupling put the new end on the old pipe (put a thin smear of silicone gasket in for good measure) slowly started putting gas in and hey presto no leaks, AC is now ICY COLD.

I know I should have had it vac'd out but it was only open for 3 mins at the most, there was a tiny bit of pressure still in it when I undone the pipe but it didnt register on the guage so Im hoping that no moisture got in, time will tell.

Rob
2005 Renault Laguna II Sports Tourer Initiale 2.0 Turbo Auto Estate
2003 Citroen C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive Captains Chair
2007 Renault Megane 1.6VVT Cabriolet Coupe Dynamique
02 C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive Auto Estate (my Dads) DE_FAPPED
boristhespie
My Cars:

Post by boristhespie »

How do you recharge these?
C'est pas possible!
h2ocooler
My Cars:

Post by h2ocooler »

Halfords do a refill can of R134a, its not cheap @ £49 but it works, better than going to kwikfit and them f**ing it up.
Rob
2005 Renault Laguna II Sports Tourer Initiale 2.0 Turbo Auto Estate
2003 Citroen C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive Captains Chair
2007 Renault Megane 1.6VVT Cabriolet Coupe Dynamique
02 C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive Auto Estate (my Dads) DE_FAPPED