Airbag 2003 C5 2.2HDi

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

h2ocooler
My Cars:

Airbag 2003 C5 2.2HDi

Post by h2ocooler »

Hi All
Well had an airbag fault on my C5 since I bought it, had a look with my LEXIA3 and it is telling me the fault is with the LEVEL 1 Drivers side, Im thinking that its the main wheel airbag now, did think thw fault was with the wiring to the drivers seat side one but now not sure, any idea on what one that is, very confusing......
Rob
2005 Renault Laguna II Sports Tourer Initiale 2.0 Turbo Auto Estate
2003 Citroen C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive Captains Chair
2007 Renault Megane 1.6VVT Cabriolet Coupe Dynamique
02 C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive Auto Estate (my Dads) DE_FAPPED
cachaciero
My Cars:

Post by cachaciero »

Drivers side? think French.

Seriously I am not sure with the Lexia if drivers side really is drivers side as I remember it didn't seem to be that way with window switches, maybe if wheelers reading this he will know for sure.
Also there may be some system help on the Lexia

If it is any help I have some training notes on airbags if you want them pm me with a "normal" e-mail address that will accept attachments and I will send them to you.

cachaciero
2006 Toyota Prius T Spirit
2001 2.2 C5 Exclusive SE
1996 XM 2.1 TD Auto VSX
1995 XM 2.1 TD Auto SX died @ 140K
1987 CX 2.5 Gti Turbo II dead
1984 Ford Scorpio
1981 CX 2.4 Pallas Auto
Renault 21
1220 GS Club
Rover P6 2000TC
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

If it is any help I have some training notes on airbags if you want them pm me with a "normal" e-mail address that will accept attachments and I will send them to you.
There is a 'normal' email button at the foot of each post unless the member decides to not make it available - it should start your email client and insert the address for you. Depends rather on your default email client though.
In any case you can hover the cursor over the button and read the email address and transcribe it the old-fashioned way.
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

Pull the carpet back at the passangers front footwell & pull the polystyrine block thing out the way & you will see 2 'airbag' style connectors. Cut the connector out & solder the wires direct & that should solve it.
h2ocooler
My Cars:

Post by h2ocooler »

wheeler wrote:Pull the carpet back at the passangers front footwell & pull the polystyrine block thing out the way & you will see 2 'airbag' style connectors. Cut the connector out & solder the wires direct & that should solve it.
Oh Wheeler you are the Citroen God.........
Pulled the carpet back, took out the block and there are 4 connectors, unplugged them and plugged them back in and NO FAULT, will remove the connectors and solder the wires during the week.

I did wonder if it was to do with the passenger side, sometimes the fault would clear them come back, it was always when i had a passenger that it came back!!!!

Thanks, I owe you one....... :D
Rob
2005 Renault Laguna II Sports Tourer Initiale 2.0 Turbo Auto Estate
2003 Citroen C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive Captains Chair
2007 Renault Megane 1.6VVT Cabriolet Coupe Dynamique
02 C5 2.2 Hdi Exclusive Auto Estate (my Dads) DE_FAPPED
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

h2ocooler wrote:I did wonder if it was to do with the passenger side, sometimes the fault would clear them come back, it was always when i had a passenger that it came back!!!!
Lexia reads them the right way around as it knows the car is RHD. Although those connectors are in the passangers footwell they are actually the wires for the drivers side airbag igniters.

Some older cars do read the wrong way round on Lexia, Saxos for example, pre-tensioner 1 is the passangers side on a RHD.