Oil Change

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

zach

Oil Change

Post by zach »

Hi all,
Bit of a problem with the oil in my 1995 zx 1.4 8v. Recently, whilst going round corners my oil light was coming on. After a quick check under the filler cap, i started to wonder if the poor car had ever had an oil change, the oil was generally quite dirty and lumpy.

Went and bought some oil and a new filter, but i dont have a big enough socket for the sump plug (21mm wont fit).

Would anyone know the size of socket needed to remove the plug so i can head down to halfrauds tomorrow to get one.

Cheers
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Surprised a 21mm won't fit Zach :? That's the normal size...

Maybe a strange after-market one has been fitted.

Best go to Halfrauds and ask if you can try a selection...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xantidote
My Cars:

Post by Xantidote »

If you measure across from one flat of the sump plug to the opposite flat, using a metric ruler/tape measure, you should get very good idea of what size you need. With luck you'll be spot on :)
Martin

1995 Xantia TDLX (deceased :( )
spider
My Cars: Soon, I hope...

Post by spider »

EDIT... I just re-read your post, sorry you said 1.4, so TU.

You need a 24mm for these. :)

You will be pleased to learn the sump washer is re-usable a few times if its the correct one (metal with a rubber insert)
Andy.

91 205D-Turbo, gone but still missed
02 106D, TUD5B, gone but not really missed apart from the MPG
zach

Post by zach »

Xantidote wrote:If you measure across from one flat of the sump plug to the opposite flat, using a metric ruler/tape measure, you should get very good idea of what size you need. With luck you'll be spot on :)
All right, funny guy :P It saves me the bother of going out an checking it tomorrow morning, excuse my laziness :)

24mm, cheers mate!