Pug part numbers

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

KP
My Cars:

Pug part numbers

Post by KP »

Can Pug part numbers be translated into Citroen ones at all?

I may have found a good driveshaft thats been recon'd but its a pug part number and doesn't list the 2.0CT as a possible fitment :(

is it the same shaft used on all Xantias and 406's?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Normally they're the same Will...

Same shafts will be used (I would imagine) on any Pug with the TCT or 2.1TD engine, maybe anything with the ML5 gearbox... Even maybe a manual 406 Coupe.

If that's the case, I know of a 406 Coupe not far from your neck of the woods with driveshafts intact and not hard to remove them after some work a certain trio of us did this weekend!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
KP
My Cars:

Post by KP »

Cheers Jim :)

Do pug part numbers work on service citroen and vice versa with the pugbox thing?

I ask as there is one very close by thats all.

I am guessing as well that it would have to come from an ML5T box'd car as the BE box's will have different splines on and so fourth??
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

You can try; punch them into the left hand column's little window where you enter a part number or work order.

I wouldn't be confident of the driveshaft being interchangeable.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

some citro/pug numbers do cross either way,

when on either site were the three diferent search options are, select to box with search in the top bar, and it gives you a box to enter a part No.,

this option will even tell you what specific modle that part fits dependant on which site your on

regards malcolm
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

A while ago I thought I needed a Xantia V6 driveshaft, and came to the conclusion that 406 driveshafts are somehow different (different track maybe?).

[EDIT] a really quite useful website that gives dimensions and interchange data for driveshafts (go to the "applied" tab for the cross reference).
They also list Peugeot, so do some digging!